The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant 8G ultra rare interior parts

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Galant 8G ultra rare interior parts

Hello,

I'm new here. Actually I'm searching for a few ultra-rare parts for my Galant 8G pre facelift (Euro version)
    and I hope you can help me.

Most of them were used in the Taiwanese Galant model 'Jazz'.
    Sadly I could not find many information about this special edition.
    Does anyone have sheets or even a VIN of the Jazz edition?
    The VIN would help me to get the part numbers in ASA.

The only information I could find:
    Product Presentation on AutoNet.com.tw

Here is a video of the Jazz Galant (I could not link the 2nd one):

The requested parts:

1. Door Panels
    I'm not sure if only the Jazz edition has special door panels
    or if all models got them after a facelift:

I could not find a single seller for these door panels although I searched for "三菱 Galant 门板" (Mitsubishi Galant door panel).
    If anyone knows how to get them - the decor does not matter.

2. Mirror Turn Signal Arrow
    As you can see in my video the Galant Jazz has a turn signal arrow in it's
    mirrors. This should be a genuine Mitsubishi part but I could not find that at all.
    I could not even find any other video showing that turn signal.

I discovered a 3rd party solution on ebay
    but the original Mitsubishi part would be much better (part number might help me) because the authority here
    can get very angry if you add self made accessories to your car.

3. Mitsubishi Galant MMCS
    This device was not part of the special edition Jazz but was sold in Japan.
    I have never seen a Galant 8G in Europe equipped with one of the early MMCS versions.
    (Anyone knows in which cars expect the Galant they where installed?)
    The oldest devices I have seen here in Europe are from ~2004. The requested devices seem to be from ~1998.
    Probably they were not sold here. There are at least two versions of the Galant 8G MMCS -
    with a 4:3 display or with a 16:9 display. I would not spend too much money for that but it would be
    nice to have one.

Does anyone have an idea where to get one ore more of these parts? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by DeepBlueGalant; 08-11-2014 at 12:29 PM

Likely a custom install all around, very unlikely any of this will be easily found. Be prepared to search high and low AND wait years to collect all the parts. the Jazz was Taiwan only to my knowledge.

Go to Taiwan and search junkyards there i think thats youre only bet
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Thanks for your replies. Going to Taiwan is not a realistic option for me. It's too expensive and you can't be sure to get the parts than.
    I know that it is very difficult to get those parts (I searched hours in the internet). But think of mine if you hear of any of them. As I said a part number could help me first.

Btw. Are any Taiwanese Galant owners active in this board? Maybe they could help. I know that the Taiwanese have an own community called Taiwan Galant Club (They have the same acronym as 'The Galant Center'). But I have 'a little' language barrier to ask there.

Ok doorcards iv done the research. Taiwan only had 1lh one left. Mmcs I can supply the widescreen convert kit. And mirrors go aftermarket. Pm me if you want anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

I have seen the mmcs units f/s on FB along with the black leather panels similar or same as the "jazz" trim. And the turn signal arrows can be bought off ebay and you could just make your own. Same results but MUCH cheaper lol

I know this is a really old thread, but if you are still searching for those turn signals, I bought a set years ago when I was in Taiwan. Never got to install them and sold the car. I mention them in a different thread and have pics on there. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...and-Headlights If you are still looking - I will be selling them once I get back from Asia in 6 weeks.
    Just living another day in the universe !