The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My poor ol tire

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

My poor ol tire

Going on 2 weeks I been riding around like this. Had too many heavy people in my car lol shame on stupid ol me. My car was scraping on the tire and I messed it all up ������ now every time I make left turns or ride over a bump/dip then it rubs bad and you can hear it �� now I have a 1 passenger limit on my baby smh but what's a way I can fix this problem for now? Someone said my offset is wrong and to just get all new tires and rims but I don't wanna go that route just yet. Any other options ?? And yea the tire is cut into the whole way around it

Possibly roll/pull the fenders and some negative camber for clearance. That was how I fixed my rubbing issue with my lancer

roll the fenders, usually you can find on craigslist a fender rolling to rent for $45 but you also need a heat gun, you can get one cheap at Harbor Freight, I think I got the 500 degree one, think it was $15, might of been on sale or I had a 20% off coupon, dont get the warranty since you just need to use it one day. Maybe have a dude help you or do it for you, just bat your eyes at them pimp.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Lol thanks guys y'all are lifesavers bc I really don't wanna go smaller and I need this fixed for October ☺️ And good idea I'll find a guy to do it lol

Just need a baseball bat, a heat gun, and time. This is a pretty good first DIY.

Its probably just the angle you took but that first pic looks like it'll rub even with a fender roll and pull.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I just saw a better image on another post, fender roll and you'll be able to fit all your girlfriends back there to go for a cruise with no more rubs. Actually you don't need people back there for it to rub just by hitting a dip a little too fast and you'll get the scrape sound.

Thank you my grandfather fixed it for me :) now I just gotta get a new tire but there won't be anymore people in my backseat anyway lol just my son

What did he do?

And the tire didn't appear to need replacing.

your tire looks fine just get those fenders rolled, baseball bat, heat gun and patience like mentioned before and youll be aight.

I rode around for a solid year rubbing the edge of my tire like that and nothing bad happened. Those tires ended up getting nails all in em, but if not, they'd still be going strong. Keep your tire if the rubbing has been fixed, you're good to go.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"