The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Benefits of adding cabin air filter/tray

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Benefits of adding cabin air filter/tray

I have a 03 G, and my a/c gets really cold but I work at a Tire shop and when I get in other cars it seems to blow a lot harder than mine...so I was thinking I could change my cabin air filter but as some may know mitsu deleted this on Gs in around 01, I know there is a way to add the filter tray but just wondering, what are the benefits? And what the hell is filtering my air now? Any info and feedback is appreciated...I did my research just couldnt find my answers specifically

1. yes
    2. they deleted on 01 because few owners came back to dealership replace them AND file a complaint when the cabin pipes clogged because of it.
    3. filters airborne particles from outside and into your cabin
    4. separate filter trays are found at junkyards, separate filters or a complete filter assembly are sold on eBay, (HOWEVER, you can also use just the filter itself from a 2013 TOYOTA 4RUNNER fits perfectly)
    5. all you need is flat head screwdriver and hammer. lightly tap/chisel the plastic shield out

So is anything filtering my air now? Seems if there is no filter then all kinds of shit would end up somewhere it shouldn't be...could adding a filter possibly improve my air flow, logically I wouldn't think so

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

No, there is nothing filtering your air now, it comes off the cowl and wiper tray. If you use your ac all the time and don't roll the windows down it will result in less dust in the cabin. If you are like me and don't have ac and have the windows down constantly then it won't make any difference other then adding another filter that needs to be changed.

You say you still have ac, and the blower doesn't push as strong as other cars, well that isn't for sure a bad thing, some cars just don't have as strong of a blower then other cars. My hunk of shit dodge has a terrible blower, that is out gunned by level 3 on the galant and level 3 on my Volvo, but again its a dodge, so one can't expect too much. So your issue may just be adjusted expectations and not an actual fault of the car.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Putting a filter in will reduce the airflow. I actually removed the from both 99s I owned and got more airflow and loved it. I never run the a/c and let outside air in. I always hit the recirculation button.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk