The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 03 Galant 2.4L Problems

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

03 Galant 2.4L Problems

my speedometer does not work and my fuel gauge is beginning to fail also by the needle falling down when i start my car on a hot day. but goes back up when i turn on my car again later. i believe my ecu does not work because the engine scanner couldnt pick up any codes. i dont really know alot about electrical problems. would appreciate some help. thank you. i have also replace the speed sensor and speed cluster for the speedometer and didnt solve the problem.

also my RPM go crazy when i come to a stop at a light and then my lights start to dim and my car wants to shut off. i press on the gas and the power goes back up. would also appreciate some help on that problem as well.

Sounds lime an alternator or battery problem. Have them tested, Autozone and Oreilly offer free testing.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

i have tested my battery and it came back good, i also have bought a new alternator and radiator for my car a while back. i have gone to oreillys to get it check but no codes came out on the scanner, and thats when i was thinking my ecu is messed up due to that and my speedometer. maybe its a engine problem?

U sure u replace the right speed sensor?

I will check for corrusion at battery terminals and alternators.

When they check ur alternator and battery did they turn on ur loads??? (Lights,ac,radio) and test also at higher rpms. Sometimes the alternators cut out or drop voltage.

Hope it helps.