The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 sped swap done years ago and now throwing P1750 code

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

5 sped swap done years ago and now throwing P1750 code

5 sped swap done a couple of years ago on my 98ES. I decided I wanted the cruise control working so I installed a switch so I can connect (allows me to start the car) and then disconnect (enables the cruise to work) the current between the two large black wires (one yellow striped, one blue striped) in the large plug that goes to nothing now that it is a 5-speed. The cruise is working great but the check engine light is coming on and the ECU is throwing P1750 trouble codes. I believe that is a transmission code that relates to the auto trans solenoids. Previously the only trouble code I ever threw was a P0400 (EGR error). Ideas? suggestions?
    Last edited by eksz; 08-23-2014 at 12:03 AM
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

yeah, being that you never had cruise engaged the ecu probably wasn't looking for the solenoid signals, but now since you use the cruise it is looking for a signal to determine what load its at to upshift or downshift- this is my thought.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Who needs cruise control lol. I tried this and got that code. Took out the switch reset the light and it never came back.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

use manual ecu
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread