The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does anyone know how to remove the 9g grill?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Icon14 Does anyone know how to remove the 9g grill?

I wanted to dip the grill, but I really couldn't figure out how to remove the grill alone. I was able to get 2 clips off, but others, I see and feel the clips but it simply won't come off. Is there another way to remove the grill?

I tried downloading the service manual, but the link is dead. Can anyone please help? Thanks! =)

the way I found easiest for me was to take off the whole front bumper. Under the hood there are 5 or 6 clips you have to unhook then go to the front left and right splash guard. after taking a few clips off you will see two more bolts holding the bumper to the fender. Do the same to the other side. After that, go underneath the car and there are some clips to unhook. Once you take those out, you will be able to remove the front bumper with the grill. After that you will see all the angled nobs holding the grill to the bumper. I used a pair of pliers to push them out.

Thanks man. That's what I did. Even had the opportunity to clean out the condenser and radiator grill and fix the clips on the splash guards.
    Last edited by antigen_dw; 09-13-2014 at 09:20 PM

07Galant_GTS
    How'd it turn out in person? I've been thinking about dipping the chrome in the front along with the grille; also have an all black galant.

It looks awesome imho especially if you apply any back to black product after the plastidip cured. It gives it a nice satin look insteal of a dull old looking black. This is how it exactly looks in person. I just hate chrome grills, it's so usdm. I will install foglamps with yellow tint next.