The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: quick transmission and tufn signal questions

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

quick transmission and turn signal questions

Today when I got home today and tried to put my car in park, and it wouldn't get pass neutral. Thats with the car running and with it off (key still in). Eventually I kinda forced it, but I heard like a cricket chirp sound in reverse. Tranny still functions but w/ that slight sound in reverse.

Any ideas why..didnt have any problems earlief when backing out my driveway.

Also my turn signal seems to not work sometimes unless I apply pressure holding it up or down..and sometimes it holds the signal on its own with no assistance. Also it'll blink fast for like 2 secs after being pressed sometimes. Do I need a new switch?

Thanks in advance for any help

Think I figured the tranny problem. My maf adapter broke right at the filter and it fell on part of the transmission linkage preventing it from engaging I think. Something told me to go back outside and look under the hood and I find that smh!

If you want a nice metal one for good price, Vibrant 4.5" adapter
    http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1995-A.../dp/B000E3VI7W

And here is an AEM 4.5" dry flow filter
    http://www.amazon.com/AEM-21-206DK-E...productDetails
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Thanks for looking that up for me, bad thing is I already have a 3" aem dry flow thats barely half a year old. Not even worth cleaning yet to be honest Might get a ebay or used intake and use my filter or if that fails a better adapter.

Only issue right now is the signal..which was the least of my concern compared to not having reverse lol. So far that chirp sound is gone, so I guess the filter falling/sittjng on the tranny was the culprit

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Thanks for looking that up for me, bad thing is I already have a 3" aem dry flow thats barely half a year old. Not even worth cleaning yet to be honest Might get a ebay or used intake and use my filter or if that fails a better adapter.

Only issue right now is the signal..which was the least of my concern compared to not having reverse lol. So far that chirp sound is gone, so I guess the filter falling/sittjng on the tranny was the culprit
    --edit--
    I just went and got another plastic one like I had. I figured why spend more than I have to. Costs me a lil less than 9 bux shipped. A metal adapter plus a 4.5" dry flow is gonna range me 55 -65 I estimate. My last adapter lasted me roughly 3 yrs..so if the next one fails in the same time span..it would cost me 18 bux for 6 additional years. Still comes out cheaper in the end lol. And 6 years from now who knows if the my car will still be around. Might try to rig some sorta support or brace to minimize movement if I get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post

Early on I think I remember a recall on the turn signal. The dealer replaced the unit at the column. Something to do with the light switch portion of the assembly.