The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stage 2 cam by rwp

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Stage 2 cam by rwp

I want to no if or should put a stage 2 camshaft and valve SPRINGS on 02 Mitsubishi galant 2.4 for a lil more hp and motor has 195k

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Your money and time would be better spend elsewhere, depending on how well the engine has been maintained it may need a rebuild before any real performance can be achieved, which will likely involve a turbo.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

^^^Sure buddy, it will definitely open it up, you'll even be able to rev up to the 8000 rpm the tach shows. Dont forget you can reuse the timing belt and flip the direction you took it off to get more life out of it.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

RPW cams are useless.

Stage 2 cam by rwp

What u mean silvertune. You mean N/A? I got rpw turbo 272 cam and is tits. Lol.

The only way is not useless NA is to increase compression ration on piston. Remove balance shaft. Go 5 speed. Lsd. Change head bore. Change to intake mani with v6 tb. And tune pcm. Should add more hp with a rpw NA cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-12-2014 at 12:37 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

The v6 cams are useless. Turbo, supercharge and NA grinds. They all suck and make less power than the stock cam. If you're really idling at 12 inhg I'd put money on yours sucking too.

Stage 2 cam by rwp

Lol. Silvertune. We talking here a SOHC u know. We not talking dual. Have u seem the over loop of the RPW stage 3 272. It would put any mustang to shame on how jumpy it is. Not bad for a SOHC. There is no way a turbo rpw cam makes less power than stock. Not sure where u get you spec from.

U know stock idles at -24 vacuum. For a single banger 272 -10 to -12 is darm good.

Last edited by Isaurio; 09-17-2014 at 12:33 AM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Stage 2 cam by rwp

Here is my sohc rpw stage 3 turbo 272. Not tune. Pay no mind to the power stearing pump. Just dont like my fluids

Not sure but it sounds preaaaty good. Idle timing is at 12 from stock 10s to fight overloop

Last edited by Isaurio; 09-17-2014 at 12:46 AM

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^^Sure buddy, it will definitely open it up, you'll even be able to rev up to the 8000 rpm the tach shows. Dont forget you can reuse the timing belt and flip the direction you took it off to get more life out of it.

you forgot about getting a fresh change of blinker fluid and using a clay-based brake pad!!!

in all seriousness though...these four guys are some of the pioneers on this website and know their shit...saying "stage #" doesn't really mean anything most of the time either...it's the technical information about it that actually matters. unless you're going with a full and complete system all from one manufacturer (which almost never happens btw in custom stuff) stage 2 doesn't mean shit...just my .02

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Go make some power with them then. You'll see, just like every single other person in the history of ever who ran any sort of valvetrain stuff from RPW.

I've personally run their turbo, NA and supercharged stage 2's and a set of their stage 3's. Every single one sucked ass. The stage 3's broke rocker arms with the old HD spring kit. Cracked the head clean through to the deck. It was a custom valve setup too...

The two guys I know who ran their four banger cams said the same thing. Useless. The DOHC with stock evo cams outperforms any form of single stick sirius motor. They might sound cool at idle but hey if that's all your about then we don't have anything to debate.

I'm not taking any sides in this argument but I am curious...

just bothers me that you say everything is crap from them but their headers are like a godsend on this site XD I completely understand it's apples to hotdogs (thanks gearhead for that comparison) but still...I just don't see how they can be as trash as you claim...although I do believe you when you make a statement, you know your shit it seems and actually try the stuff

Like I said, not picking sides and I don't know one way or the other but just find it strange...

^^^ he calls them crap by experience bro. I've had my good friend who is also the most knowledgeable guy I know when it comes to Honda engines call certain cams crap. Blueprint is his least favorite manufacturer, where cams from drag cartel and a set of IPS cams are what he's made the most power with, currently he has an IPS intake cam with a custom exhaust cam from SVM, a guy that is known by the name of "nikkos" makes the cam based on secret soecs, when people like my friend and silvertune talk about a product it comes from knowledge and hands on experience. They aren't being paid by a manufacturer to talk trash on the competition they simply state what they've seen and know.

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 09-19-2014 at 12:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    although I do believe you when you make a statement, you know your shit it seems and actually try the stuff.
    Trust me when I say when silvertune says something, I believe it...when something is being discussed I always look for his input (among a few others) and take that to the bank. It's just odd to me that a company can be so highly ranked on one product and trash for another...but I know that's how the game goes XD

Where did I say RPW headers were the best? One of my eBay header clad 3.8s makes the almost the same exact output as M-rods RPW head clad 3.8. Both motors have the same work. The difference is the RPW's sound insanely awesome while the ebay's sound terrible.

I open my mouth about things that suck because that's how forums work. This is a global exchange of information and it is largely fueled by idiots who have no idea what they're talking about. People tend to listen when I say something is a piece of shit. Like oak says, I don't speak about things I've read on the forum. The sad truth is I have followed every possible outcome the V6 platforms have ever had and taken them way further in the privacy of my own shop. People have a hard time accepting that and most see it as some prideful call to my championhood and that's not the case. The simple truth is that I have done it all. I can tell you how to make 500hp, get 42mpg, build for autox/roadcourse/drag. Simply because I've done them all with multiple cars.

As for RPW, it's just like any shop. If you really get into shop culture and how they're run you'll see that most shops actually suck completely. Their internet pages and featured cars cover up a mess inside brick walls. RPW cares about our platforms about as much as the rest of the world does. They don't cut they're own cams, in fact they don't even touch them ever. They call up a random guy who can cut them and tell them they need a set of whatever he feels like cooking up and he gets around to it whenever he feels like. That's why it takes people half a year to get a set. I've measured inconsistent lobes on the same fucking camshaft, they're literally impossible to profile.

I have a very sore spot for RPW because no one on the planet has lost more money due to their rampant retardation than I have. Multiple motors, multiple full on builds lost due to inexplicably crappy dyno sheets. It was always nothing more than the cams. I will happily strike anyone down who says RPW's are worth buying because nothing anyone says can refute my experience with them.

Silvertune is the v6 god! Listen to god! Lmao

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Trust me when I say when silvertune says something, I believe it...when something is being discussed I always look for his input (among a few others) and take that to the bank. It's just odd to me that a company can be so highly ranked on one product and trash for another...but I know that's how the game goes XD

Not one company whos good at making one thing is good at making everything. Exhaust systems and cams are completely different beasts. Just look at any successful race team whether its import or domestic or full drag, the same company that makes their cams is probably not the same company who makes their intake manifold or fuel pump.

when it comes to any product, lack of R & D is what makes things suck. for example....custom performance engineering (CP-E) makes parts for my mazdaspeed. they sell so much stuff for the mazdaspeed that 80% of their inventory and sales is for the mazda. does that mean they have parts for mitsus? possibly. the stuff they do have just looks cheap. like honestly if you give me 3 hours with a CNC i could possibly make a better product. i can even pick out the weak points because ive seen certain mounts or cams break in similar spots. moral of the story, just because one company is flawless and put on a pedestal for their headers doesnt mean their cams are at the same level. as silvertune said as well, for all we know they call up some dude with a cam cutting machine in china and tells them i want 30 cams for a 4g64 SOHC and whammo, shippment gets there in 5-10 business days with RPW stickers all over it. gotta do a lot of research when it comes to all of that stuff. let others make the mistake for you, let everyone else blow up their engines because of a cam snapped in half and left valves open and cracked pistons and whatnot. nameans?! haha