The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
Showing results 241 to 260 of 288
    Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Merry Christmas TGC! I surprised myself with a new Acer 2in1 running Windows 10 so started to play around with ecuflash. It's been several years since I messed with it the last time, but catching back up slowly.

My ROM ID I pulled is 80930006 - Does any of you V6 guys have a definition file for this one?

I have the xml for 80930005 along with the corresponding ROM. Edited that to at least do some comparisons but certainly things are off as load, rpm shows wrong in some tables. I was also wondering if anyone knows where the 80930005 came from, as I couldn't find it referenced in any service bulletins. 80930006 is the only ROM ID I see associated with the 03 GTZ ECU (MR578712)
    I'm not sure how much luck you'll have here sourcing this stuff. I'd say hit up Club3g for that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I'm not sure how much luck you'll have here sourcing this stuff. I'd say hit up Club3g for that.

I know, not a lot of us messing with things like this anymore - I could ask someone write the def file, but was hoping one of us would have it already and I could start messing with it. With that said, I figured out all my Fuel, Air and Timing maps along with most of the Idle related ones, but still have some things to find, like the limiters.

I know, not a lot of us messing with things like this anymore - I could ask someone write the def file, but was hoping one of us would have it already and I could start messing with it. With that said, I figured out all my Fuel, Air and Timing maps along with most of the Idle related ones, but still have some things to find, like the limiters.
    Keith may have saved all the definition files and xml files from ecuflash website before it went down. I have most of the 4cyl ones but I don't believe I have saved any of the v6 ones.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Is he ever on the boards? Or facebook only?

Well, I looked at more codes and ended up sorting out all my maps, so now have a pretty solid def file for 80930006. Only thing left is to figure out the periphery bits so I can get rid of the auto transmission codes. I'm also looking for a GTS ROM as I need the #482 MAF settings from it. Used to have it back in the day, but my old laptop is paperweight right now, and most old links are down.

I guess I should re-register on Club3G, I haven't been there for years so my account is locked lol.

Is he ever on the boards? Or facebook only?

Well, I looked at more codes and ended up sorting out all my maps, so now have a pretty solid def file for 80930006. Only thing left is to figure out the periphery bits so I can get rid of the auto transmission codes. I'm also looking for a GTS ROM as I need the #482 MAF settings from it. Used to have it back in the day, but my old laptop is paperweight right now, and most old links are down.

I guess I should re-register on Club3G, I haven't been there for years so my account is locked lol.
    I'm not sure if he's still active anymore on the board. But I do know he is using a GTS rom since he turbocharged his car. He's on Facebook so you can easily get in touch with him there.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I'm not sure if he's still active anymore on the board. But I do know he is using a GTS rom since he turbocharged his car. He's on Facebook so you can easily get in touch with him there.

Awesome, Thanks!

Awesome, Thanks!
    Aren't you a member of my Facebook group?

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Yeah I need to be more social and join :D I also found a GTS ROM so I'm good on the MAF side of things - just need to find someone who can write a base tune for the 3.8 in a couple days.

Got wrapped up with work for the last several weeks, not to mention the related drama ahhh. (Anybody hiring?) Anyways, finally made some progress.

Got a new fuel pump to replace my EVO IX pump. I'm pretty sure it would be plenty enough, but found an EVO X pump for a deal I couldn't pass - even better output and perfect fitment.

Side note: difference between 99-01 and 02-03 fuel pump housings (fuel temp sensor).

More importantly: Good Bye 3L!

Haven't been this excited in a looong time, really looking forward to tomorrow.
    Last edited by gtx; 01-21-2018 at 08:49 PM

The 3.8 is in. After years of doing this I finally figured out what is the easiest way to put the drivetrain back in lol. Lower engine in (with no AC or alternator). Slide in trans from side. Mate them. Lift in place. Hmmm, kind of like how the factory did it... haha. It seems I also tend to forget about parts that I own and have stashed away after all these years - for example I realized that I have a 75 alternator (110amp) already - so switched back to the 75 engine mount and ac bracket and it was all good to go.

Still some ways from done, but starting to look like a car again.

Yeah I need to be more social and join :D I also found a GTS ROM so I'm good on the MAF side of things - just need to find someone who can write a base tune for the 3.8 in a couple days.

Got wrapped up with work for the last several weeks, not to mention the related drama ahhh. (Anybody hiring?) Anyways, finally made some progress.

Got a new fuel pump to replace my EVO IX pump. I'm pretty sure it would be plenty enough, but found an EVO X pump for a deal I couldn't pass - even better output and perfect fitment.

Side note: difference between 99-01 and 02-03 fuel pump housings (fuel temp sensor).

More importantly: Good Bye 3L!

Haven't been this excited in a looong time, really looking forward to tomorrow.
    Do you better pictures comparing the evo x pump to the stock one? What filter does the X uses? Fitting the evo8/9 pump is a pain in the behind since it's slightly taller and doesn't use our half circle style filter.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Do you better pictures comparing the evo x pump to the stock one? What filter does the X uses? Fitting the evo8/9 pump is a pain in the behind since it's slightly taller and doesn't use our half circle style filter.

You can make the EVO IX pump work the same way you would a Walbro - removing the bottom plastic piece and with some dremeling, the filter and the extra length will keep it in place if that makes any sense.

With that said the EVO X pump is the same exact dimensions as the Galant pump, no modification required and the factory filter (Denso 952-0022) fits it perfectly too.

You can make the EVO IX pump work the same way you would a Walbro - removing the bottom plastic piece and with some dremeling, the filter and the extra length will keep it in place if that makes any sense.

With that said the EVO X pump is the same exact dimensions as the Galant pump, no modification required and the factory filter (Denso 952-0022) fits it perfectly too.
    Yeah i did that. That's how I made mine fit.
    Is that the part number for the X filter?

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Yeah i did that. That's how I made mine fit.
    Is that the part number for the X filter?

That's the Denso Galant filter.

That's the Denso Galant filter.
    I'd be interested in the X pump if I ever decide to tune on E85 cuz I'd need a synthetic cotton filter and I don't know if the galant filter is synthetic or not

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

The 3.8 is in. After years of doing this I finally figured out what is the easiest way to put the drivetrain back in lol. Lower engine in (with no AC or alternator). Slide in trans from side. Mate them. Lift in place. Hmmm, kind of like how the factory did it... haha. It seems I also tend to forget about parts that I own and have stashed away after all these years - for example I realized that I have a 75 alternator (110amp) already - so switched back to the 75 engine mount and ac bracket and it was all good to go.

Still some ways from done, but starting to look like a car again.

Awesome! That 75 looks right at home in your car. Did you ever get a base map figured out? If not, I can get you setup with something on conservative timing to get started.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I'm so excited to see big things happening! Makes me feel good about not giving up on mine.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Looking good~ did you clean the engine room before taking the pictures? how could you keep it that clean?

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Awesome! That 75 looks right at home in your car. Did you ever get a base map figured out? If not, I can get you setup with something on conservative timing to get started.
    No I didn't yet, hit a roadblock with my front header and went a couple days without internet, no fun. If you could do that that would be really awesome - I'd take you'd need the files and a list of mods from me? Let me know where to send it pls.

Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    Looking good~ did you clean the engine room before taking the pictures? how could you keep it that clean?
    Keep a can of 87 around just for these kind of situations. I try to clean up every time I'm in there. Its not the best for the paint, but I try to work quick and wash it down afterwards, and that's the only thing I found to work.

what do you mean 87??

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast