The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 288
    Yepp, it's basically the same thing, just utilizing the existing wires instead.

Nice find, I wonder if that one post can be sticky'd for future 02-03 swappers
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

For the last month I tried to just enjoy having a running car, and spend some time with family. I still had to do something, so started to tinker with some of the plastic interior pieces I wanted to redo / finish.

Starting point:

Smoothed out the EVO VIII / Galant shifter bezel. Molded the center vent - relocating the hazard switch as I need the space behind it for a bolt :/ Molded the Mirage mirror switch bezel into the Galants.

Shifter bezel done. I'm trying to avoid painting any interior pieces, so I decided to wrap it instead. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I like the outcome. It's 3M 1080.

Wrapped my new switch bezel and the vent too - the vent was actually chopped up and a custom bracket mounted into it...

... for a Defi Tachometer. I truly have mixed feelings about it, but it will probably grow on me. On one end I hate the inyourface/markedto11k/gigantometer, on the other side ever since I installed the EVO steering wheel, I cant see the factory tacho, the wheel covers it perfectly above 2k. Sure, it's not a necessity, but it annoys me big time. The Defi tacho at least is a great unit, matches the rest of my gauges, and I like the oldskoolness of it. If I can find a VSD one day I might switch it up, in the mean time I guess I'm a ricer lol.

Defi control unit mounted in the center console.

Still need to do the panel with the cig lighter, and I wan't to mount a second BUS to simplify the wiring, than I'll move onto other things.

Looks good. I really like that mirage mirror switch idea.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I wish my interior was that clean, wrap goes great with gtz trim. Like how clean the install of the tach is. Btw does that rubber liner in the console come in all galants? Not sure how how much it would benefit me, but mine doesnt have one and I might keep an eye out on JY run.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 04-25-2016 at 12:07 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks real good.. Awsome job..

No hazard switch?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    I wish my interior was that clean, wrap goes great with gtz trim. Like how clean the install of the tach is. Btw does that rubber liner in the console come in all galants? Not sure how how much it would benefit me, but mine doesnt have one and I might keep an eye out on JY run.
    Yes it comes in every console.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Looks awesome! How hard was wrapping that mirror adjuster from the Mirage? That things got some weird angles to it.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    No hazard switch?
    I have a more compact switch that I'm putting by the steering column, mirroring the dimmer switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Looks awesome! How hard was wrapping that mirror adjuster from the Mirage? That things got some weird angles to it.
    The 3M vinyl is pretty forgiving, but that bezel was too "deep". I had to cut small pieces for the inner corners.

It came out pretty clean. Love everything. Im taking notes when i do mine.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

U got me motivated to do my shifter bezel for the daily

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Looking Good Man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm looking to also do a 6g75 swap? How much of a hassle is it and what all does it entail?

Hello again TGC! Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - so true. With that said, after a long forced break, I'm finally, back at it again. The Galant has been super good to me since the 5sp swap and gave me no issues, so I enjoyed it as it was for a while. When things settled this spring, it wasn't long before the bug bit me again however.

Dropped the factory exhaust finally this spring and installed the Injen catback. Didn't realized how much I missed that sound.

I was sitting on a set of brembo calipers that I started to rebuild, it's time to finish it. Scored a pair of drilled Brembo rotors, and decided to try something new for pads. I vote sexiest package for brake pads ever.

EVO rotors vs BAER bbk rotors:

One thing that was holding me back from doing the swap was the fact that the factory pistons were cooked in the front calipers completely. I found 40mm pistons but had no luck with the 46mm ones. In case you wonder, the part #s for oem pistons on evo parts websites are wrong. I tried them from awdmotorsports and they looked like pistons for a single pot caliper. Not only that, their customer service is horrible, even known it was their mistake, took a month to get my money back - never shop with them again. So I finally broke down and got stainless pistons from racingbrake. These things are superb. They also had the crosspipes I needed.

Since I already had OEM replacement pistons I used them for the rears. Why not. Otherwise a simple rebuild.

Repainted the hub on my EBC rotors -they should be fine for a while - they make the OEM rotors look like a joke in comparison:

Testfitting the fronts. I expected the need for spacers, but it looks like even 15mm wouldn't do it. :(

... which means, time for new wheels.

That's it for now. Waiting for new tires, than install time.
    Last edited by gtx; 07-01-2017 at 10:30 PM

Always nice upgrades, can't wait to see the new wheels on

Looking good as usual :D

I'm so glad to see you back at it. A lot of us are bringing the love back. It makes me feel good. It makes us all love our cars more. You have the same shit luck I do, but don't give up. When life gives you lemons, sell them and buy more Galants.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    I'm so glad to see you back at it. A lot of us are bringing the love back. It makes me feel good. It makes us all love our cars more. You have the same shit luck I do, but don't give up. When life gives you lemons, sell them and buy more Galants.

Funny you put it that way, I agree 100%. I certainly hope this one is here to stay tho. I have a friend who when I told him about owning the 2001 GTZ first, than the 2002 GTZ, and now the 2003 GTZ, asked me if they made these things in 2004 as well... lol. At one point I had my first one completely stripped in the garage, second one wrecked on the driveway, and the new one in front of the house. I thought my wife is going to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Thanks guys!

Funny you put it that way, I agree 100%. I certainly hope this one is here to stay tho. I have a friend who when I told him about owning the 2001 GTZ first, than the 2002 GTZ, and now the 2003 GTZ, asked me if they made these things in 2004 as well... lol. At one point I had my first one completely stripped in the garage, second one wrecked on the driveway, and the new one in front of the house. I thought my wife is going to kill me.
    Well you know, I've gone through the total loss situation myself, and I learned the hard way that sometimes it's not about the car. A lot of the time it's about you, or your ability to recover and move on from loss. I learned that I'm not good at letting go, so my car is still here. ;)
    Unfortunately for me, my wife is an enabler, so I started bringing home one a week until I had five Galants and an eclipse. It's never been my wife I've had to worry about, shes the one finding these things for me. It's my father in law and my landlord. Lol. Just don't give up. Too many of these cars out there to give up.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast