The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Showing results 201 to 220 of 288
    Decided to go with EVO sized tires (235/45/17), it's definitely an improvement in grip and ride quality. The rear fenders will have to be rolled. The fronts are actually fine but I did cut the lower portion of the fender liner as it was rubbing on hard turns. No issues since, and I like the easier access to the brakes this way. Might put in a splash guard later further towards the bumper. Got a nice poke, but have Vr4 S-Type fender flares on the way to remedy it. Talking about bad luck btw, I bought my wheels in pairs from two different sellers and what do you know, one of them decided not to ship them and gave me the runaround for a week. So now I'm after 2 more BBS wheels and am driving around with the EVO V's in the back, yey, I guess bc racecar... Otherwise the brake conversion is done. I really like the endresult, but now I remember why I went with the Baer bbk back in the day.

Last edited by gtx; 07-09-2017 at 10:57 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    I was wondering how those wheels would look on the Galant. Looking good.

^Thanks! I was debating going with the regular MR wheels as I actually never liked black wheels, but I really love them on the silver.

More parts came in, started mocking them up. I guess I'll be painting here shortly - paint is also getting thin on the car, might turn into a fall project. I'd love to hear from people who have the kit how they went about getting seals for them, as mine are all dried out and cracked of course. I wonder if there's a car here in the States that have a close enough shape to steal it from. Still need a VR4 rear bumper and extensions.

Also made some changes to the interior. Said goodbye to this guy, always hated it anyways. At one point later I might have one back in the carr. It actually looks like it can not be obtained from my usual mitsu parts source anymore. Anybody using an aftermarket carpet? Fun fact: this monster weighted 14.2 lbs.

Also pulled my driver seat and replaced it with this one. It was in the car when I bought it actually, but at that time I just put in my full '01 interior. It's a manual, SRS, leather seat. I never seen one before, and suspecting it's a dealer Frankenstein creation, someone please let me know if these exist in the wild. I finally got tired of the electric seat and while it's no proper sport seat, it is lighter by 10.5lbs. So in the end, good day to loose 25 lbs :)

I'm glad to see you're still at it. The BBS's look great on the car!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    I'm glad to see you're still at it. The BBS's look great on the car!
    Thanks man, and hopefully by next week I'll have 4 matching wheels again lol.

Well, so much for "next week". Took me exactly 2 months to sort out the rear wheels. I bought 2+2 from two separate sellers and the second seller bailed on me. Than I bought an other pair, and instead of good wheels I got two that were not only curbed but also bent. With the money recovered and lesson learned, bought the last one from TAE in Tampa, and the wheel made it here faster than Irma with no surprises.

Had to take a picture of the last one as I rarely see the IX BBS in this finish, almost felt bad about repainting it.

Good thing in the bad, I learned a lot about wheel repair in the process. Big thanks to my local Kwicksilver: they can straighten a wheel as long as the damage is not on the face, and did a really good job refinishing them. They worked fast, extremely professional and friendly, and reasonably priced.

Since I wanted to roll the fenders slightly, bought an ebay fender roller. It works great, as long as you are willing to modify it. The arm is too long for anything lowered. I took it apart and cut off about an inch from both parts, just right above where the black adjusting knob screws in. Can't beat it for $40 bucks.

So no major update, but nice to finally have matching wheels again, oh small joys of life.
    Last edited by gtx; 09-17-2017 at 09:30 PM

make sure to put your rear bumper extensions first before putting those flares.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Looks great!!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

^ Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lucap100is View Post
    make sure to put your rear bumper extensions first before putting those flares.
    As in not to make it look like butt, or is there an other reason? I need to find another vr4 rear bumper first anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    ^ Thanks!

As in not to make it look like butt, or is there an other reason? I need to find another vr4 rear bumper first anyways.
    base on my experience, you can perfectly line up the rear flares especially when your fenders was already rolled and put your side skirt, too.
    Last edited by lucap100is; 09-20-2017 at 08:35 AM
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by lucap100is View Post
    base on my experience, you can perfectly line up the rear flares especially when your fenders was already rolled and put your side skirt, too.
    Gotcha, that makes sense. Out of curiosity, did you use the factory seals with yours or did you find some fresh ones somewhere?

I remember reading long time ago when Cali was making these that the montero seals worked with the fender flares. I have a set of Cf ones that I want to install and been meaning to look up the seals for them

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

I bought four of these to use and they line up very good. Haven’t installed them as yet tho. Just mounted with tape. https://m.ebay.com/itm/262515471984
    Dw@r!k@

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby~d View Post
    I bought four of these to use and they line up very good. Haven’t installed them as yet tho. Just mounted with tape. https://m.ebay.com/itm/262515471984
    Got pics?

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Give me a few mins I’ll pull them out from storage and take a couple pics for you
    Dw@r!k@

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby~d View Post
    Give me a few mins I’ll pull them out from storage and take a couple pics for you
    If you could get pics of then with the flares in the car to give us a better perspective on how they look would be great.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I haven’t mounted the flares on the car as yet. But when I dry mounted they fit perfectly. That was quite a while ago and don’t have any pics of it on the car.
    Dw@r!k@

Ok thanks. I'll have to look more into it

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

No problem
    Edit: It comes with reversible tape on it but the quality doesn’t look so good. You could probably swap it to a better quality one if you do purchase it.
    Dw@r!k@

^ Interesting. Also good idea on those Montero seals, thanks!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast