Thread: My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 288
    Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Car looking good real quick

«Carlos»

Experienced TGC Member
    Looking good so far! im liking this!!

The interior in '02 was in a pretty sad state when I bought it, straight up depressing. But, this is where '01 comes to the rescue.

The dash was cracked so it had to go. It actually came out in 30 pieces. Put the one in from '01 and ran the wires for the mirrors while at it.

The '02 center console, and what turns out to be a mug of coffee all over the place. Nasty.

'01 giving up it's interior.

Swapping out the cluster for the white one. The newer blue one was cool, but I like the '01 better and it's a perfect match with my defi gauges. For me this was a straight forward swap, I just switched out the ODOs, everything else was the same. Yepp, also swapped the stock cd players for the win.

And everything cleaned up.

Things like this make me want to keep the car gutted: clear access to the rear coilovers. But, than I remember that I want them kids ride in it too. :)

'01 carpet going in.

Time to start on the doors.

I pretty much expected the speakers to be blown but ouch!

JDM mirrors, 3g door handles and "new" speakers in. Feels like a resto project at this point.

Had to call it a day after this. I hate the rain. Next? One of these:

Experienced TGC Member
    Let me know if you want to get rid of either the eclipse or EVO steering wheel. Would take either one off your hands.

im excited everytime you update this thread.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Sorry, for now, I'm keeping both steering wheels. I'm going to use the 3G one till I figure out if the EVO airbag can be wired properly. This won't happen till next spring probably.

Comparing all three:

3G vs 8G, doesn't look much, but you can def feel the difference when driving:

EVO8 vs 8G, I can see this being pretty nice:

And the 3G sw is in:

Getting power to my gauges. I had super fun soldering up the JDM switch when my gun took a crap on me. Back to my walmart soldering iron lol.

Pod made out of ABS piping and a Mazda MPV grill.

'01 headliner going in. Had to cut it for the second dome in '02. The pillar covers are also a revised on the '02, but it's easy to make the '01-s work.

I'm finally starting to have an interior, just needs some small bits here and there. The only things I kept from '02 is the driver seat, the sunroof and the decklid for now.

No more split rear seats or sagging headliner.

I also realized that the cluster swap needs to be revisited, and the circuit boards will need to be switched. My gas light comes on when I open the doors...

Added fun of the day: the WM battery that came with the car died, so I ended up buying an Optima Redtop. I had one in '01 for 7 years, and had the trunk set up for it. But I'm curious to see, those of you who have the battery in the back, where did you route it? I had the cable exit the engine bay by the headlight, and would like to do a shorter run this time around.

Experienced TGC Member
    I'm liking where this is heading!!!

That mirror switch setup tho....the details on this build are killer! Keep the progress coming!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member
    What housing did you use for the mirror switch? That looks bad ass!!

I LOVE the way you wired the gauges with the buss bar. Looks so clean!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Exactly..always like builds with custom work and or less common parts like the defi and greddy gauges.

Question by using oem carpet, it just drops right in right? If so I might look for a cleaner one than mine at the yard one day, if it seems worth the money/time. Gave my car a good vac today and a few spots still slightly annoy me..all previous owners fault lol

The bezel for the switch is a from a Mirage I found at the yard. It was prewired for the mirror and had the bezel with a blank in it. The switch snaps right in, I just turned it sideways. I might mold it and paint it later.

As far as the carpet goes, it's not hard to do at all. I don't know about finding a clean one at the yard, but you can get an aftermarket one for under $150. I don't know about the quality or fitment on those, but I'm sure there are a few on here who went that route.

Not much update otherwise, I spent the day wrapping up the interior and troubleshooting my brakes. Like suspected, the speed bleeders were leaking, so I'm going to replace them with OEM brembo ones. Also, the pistons on the rear Brembos seem to have a hard time returning. I'm going to see if the oem bleeders/getting rid of the air finally will help with that, if not rebuilding the calipers is next. I'll be upgrading the lines and probably build the front Brembos too at the same time.
    Also sanded/buffed up the headlights for now so I can end the day on a happy note.

Thanks for the heads up, and good luck with the brakes.

Great find with the Mirage switch bezel!

I like that mirage switch bezel.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Great work love the detail
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

This month went by fast. Things slowed down a little bit as I got into a new position at work, and 4th qrt keeps me busy, but the good thing is once it's over, I'll have more time for the car. I really want to pull the engine and trans from 01 before the year is over, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off.

With that said, I cleaned up my ADDCO swaybar and endlinks. When I got the car back from the insurance, it looked like hell.

Cleaned it up and color matched it to my future brakes. 22mm vs stock 19mm GTZ swaybar.

Talking about the brakes, I ended up pulling the rear Brembos for a rebuild and put back the stockers for now, so 2 weeks ago I could start driving the car to work. Waiting for the rebuild kits, I started to clean them up. Technafit ss lines also arrived a week ago.

This is what the fronts looked like back when I bought them. Even the pistons were cooked.

Not going for silver this time.

Also finished the Greddy and AEM gauge pods. I'm a ricer for now with non functional gauges lol.

Next, get ready for some picture whoring.

It's one of those things that I always wanted, but could never justify the price. Than a week ago I came across a deal on it. When I got home yesterday, my wife said: you got a something in a big box, but you better check it because it feels empty... lol

This thing is a masterpiece.

MC stopper bracket, gotta love it.

Good bye 3G STB, it was my first ever mod to the G, and it served me very well.

TEIN FTW.

Everything looks great and just keeps getting better. Can you tell a diffrence between the 3g bar and the Carbing? Figured the Carbing might have an advantage by being a solid 1 piece construction and the master cylinder stopper.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 11-23-2014 at 03:31 PM

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast