The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 288
    Quote Originally Posted by boosting90 View Post
    Nice... finally i see some puts rotors the correct way. Good progress. Good to know on the sterring. (Rookie here lol)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Rotors are directional. Not all of them can be installed the same orientation as he installed them. It is all depending on the production of the rotors.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Right. But some people think they go like a fan.

(I know is the driver side correct way) but the install them in the passenger.

Mine go like a fan. That's how they marked for me to install them. It's not necessarily all rotors install the same direction.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

U look in between sides and see if line is straight on in angle?

Quote Originally Posted by boosting90 View Post
    U look in between sides and see if line is straight on in angle?

Is that question directed to me?? The answer is I know the difference and I know how to figure out the way they install if they came without directions so no need to question my knowledge.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Oh sorry didnt mean to put u down and/or question "ur knowledge". Lmao. Is not my thread not gonna jack with this. I'm not here for that nor to be/act more knowledgeable than anyone. But is kool. I let u be. Lol

Alright, back on the main topic :)

Since my last post, I've been pulling apart '02 and boxing up things. Beauty of this process is that I really come to learn these cars inside-out: at this point I took apart every single thing - twice.

Almost forgot about the flywheel before putting my first engine away. Figured I take it off after work one night as a quick 15 minute thing. Turned into a 2 hour project as I had to dremel down one of the flywheel bolts, gotta love it.

Done stripping the interior, only need to store away the seats and do the doors.

Complete wiring out of the car. I might use the engine harness to do a tuck on '03 once I get to that point. I saved the full harness from '01 too.

The process also yields some spare parts lol. I like the idea of saving an ECU for backup - I think I'm good on oem parts for the rest of my life.

Pretty much the only thing left is to pull the engine, but I haven't decided yet. I might just let it go with the car. If I keep it I'll have 3 engines in the garage with 2 auto transmissions. My wife already wants to kill me...

Couldn't resist the temptation and had to mess a little with '03 - so I installed my new intake just for now. It's nice to hear the engine again (been 18 months) but it also reminds me how slow I am compared to my old '01. One day at a time I guess. That's a #482 MAS btw.

2003 waiting patiently in the rain.

I needed to do something different, and as I'm big on recycling, I decided to gut both my broken USDM and JDM heads. All of them pretty much broke in the same places: mounting tabs and the corners, but the lenses/bezels stayed intact, so I wanted to save them.

I figured why not do the new heads as well, I already have the tools out. Sealed them back with Hondabond and loaded them up with Silverstars. I like the Hondabond bc it seals perfectly and holds strong, but with heat it's workable again.

Looking at my Kouki foglights, I decided not to stop here. One of them had condensation in it from day one, making it rather nasty.

After cleaning it all up, resprayed the bezels gunmetal, and polished up the plastic lenses.

Need to replace some screws tomorrow, than they will be sealed back. I think I'll move onto the bumper next.

Uuuuyyyyyy elbow grease them lights. I always clean light can make a car look amazing. Good job. I most say gunmetal looks better. Nice

I sealed my fog lights and it didnt make a difference on one of the cars but the other one is fine.

If u r throwing away a broken headlight or two, could u save me the reflector adjuster?? I need a couple of those since I stripped them while doing my retro.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I sealed my fog lights and it didnt make a difference on one of the cars but the other one is fine.

If u r throwing away a broken headlight or two, could u save me the reflector adjuster?? I need a couple of those since I stripped them while doing my retro.
    You got a pm!

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    You got a pm!
    Replied
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Took a little time off and actually decided to relax, but then it was time to jump right back to it. I really want the '02 gone by September, so focused on that today.

First thing first, I still had the gas in there: used the factory pump to get rid of it. I never realized before how usefull the factory tire wrench is, I use it all over the place and it's the perfect tool to remove the fuel pump assembly without damaging the ring.

Dropped the rear brake assembly for someone doing the disc conversion. That's all to it, looks like a super simple swap for you guys with drums.

Decided to pull the drivetrain. I figured it's a good practice and came up with a planB for it in case it doesn't sell. With this thing still being AT, this time I pulled the engine first, than the trans separate, both from the top. Super easy.

My little helpers:

Done. Garage is getting full.

Small update on the '03:

Scored a pair of Koito JDM 3rd gens with harnesses. I still have the wiring harness I built for my old ESDEPOs so I could switch it. That way they'd lit up just like the USDM and I could use both white sections as reverse. I ended up liking the JDM way, so just wired it as intended. I missed that behind, still needs a bumper tho.

That's it for now.
    Last edited by gtx; 08-16-2015 at 10:45 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Nioce.

It's been 2 months since I had any time to really do anything to the car, needless to say I'm starting feel the need for a "fix".

Tiny update:

Rads pushed back, all needed trimming done. I'm just putting this here for someone to show how JDM heads line up with the 02/03 bumper. (Well, the same way as with the '01 really).

Difference in the deepness of the curve between the USDM and JDM bumpers:

Tight but still managable:

Starting to feel like old times.

I was never a big fan of pushing the radiator back. I aways trimmed the lip on the side of the radiator. Good prep work so far though.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I've done that before too, but in the end an EVO V rad will go in there anyways.

Experienced TGC Member
    Been fighting the gap between the fender and bumper for a week now. But got it as close as possible and its bareable

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Been fighting the gap between the fender and bumper for a week now. But got it as close as possible and its bareable
    Shameless plug: I do have a VrG bumper for sale, I just have to post it up.

Experienced TGC Member
    Kid likes his 02 style bumper. That bumper sounds tempting but im also in love with the stock bumper with the added lip.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast