The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 2003 Silver GTZ - Kouki Vr4, 6g75 MT build

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 288
    Had some more time.

By far the most annoying part:

Trimmed some more, now I remember why I did it this way the previous times.

Good bye 8Gb front...

...hello Kouki Vr4 face!

Next piece going on:

Still need to install the fogs, but starting to feel like progress.

How does everyone get their grilled aligned and perfectly installed and I can't do it?? Lol
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Experienced TGC Member
    B.E.A.Utiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    How does everyone get their grilled aligned and perfectly installed and I can't do it?? Lol
    Practice. This is grill #5 for me lol. Seriously, how are you mounting yours?

Looks good!!

I've had to make brackets for all the JDM fronts I've done
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Blog Entries
    Nice find! Hopefully once fully Installed would look like its twin brother for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Make sure that secure those fog lights cause when i bought my bumper kit the fog lights did not have have not housing to install them. Had to take a metal wire to connect them to the fog lights and install them to the chassis.

mines fell off and i drove over them and damaged them had to buy a new pairs that costed me like 70 dollars used and Quite cheap here in the middle east in Jordan for JDM PARTS Evo parts to the ass and the front bumper I bought was less than 183. Dollars hope you got a good bargain on yours.

otherwise need help if anything Here willing to help and Let the G Look Good.
    Last edited by Voodoo; 11-03-2015 at 09:45 AM

^Thanks, I wish I had access to parts that cheap over here, but I do shop around.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Looks good!!
    I've had to make brackets for all the JDM fronts I've done
    Well, this is how I'm doing mine, and it always works.

The lower "legs" still clip into the headlights, I just had to widen the holes about 5mm on each side. The middle one could stay, but I just cut it off as it doesn't clip into anything.
    The top legs I cut off, flip them and switch them, than glue it to the grill in the right spot so they clip onto the radsupport. I switch them, so you can release them from the sides easily. You also have to trim back the grill in those spots a couple mm first.
    The grill is made of ABS, so I get ABS cement from a hardware store for gluing.

thats a pretty ingenius way of doing that man!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

"Facelift" looks good

Thanks guys!

The other day I happened to arrive to work early, so I figured why not go up to the roof and shoot some pics. Here are some I liked:

With that said...

Experienced TGC Member
    Very nice. Looking good!! 0-0

Last pieces arrived to complete the front. No fancy conversions here, just some better bulbs.

Me happy.

Also got the chance to complete an other small project long in the works:

EVO 8 sw mounting plate was cut and sent out with a 1G DSM hub to be welded. Apparently not the easiest way of doing this, but kudos to Spdracr for making it work.

Scored the correct clockspring - 8g vs EVO:

Mounted and hooked up. I really liked the 3g wheel, but the EVO 8 steering wheel is even better, simply love it.

This might be the first time I've said this but please keep the pinstripes. Especially if the mirrors are staying black. Car pulls it off so well.

If you can, post your thoughts on the crystal vision h3s in terms of whiteness and brightness. I tried h4 philips white vision briefly in between hids, and they didn't live up to the claims I feel.

http://honda-tech.com/lighting-107/best-hids-3243283/ this link would have been useful when I was interested in halogens, maybe down the road.

Dream would still be a retrofit if I knew what I was doing and the cash to blow in experimenting.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 10-30-2015 at 11:18 PM

I'll let you know. The idea here was to keep things simple, and I don't have big expectations, but from the first brief look they will be nice.

Trust me, after the difficulties I've experienced with hids I know what you mean about the convenience and simplicity of halogens. Nice knowing both headlights are gonna turn on for sure and not flicker lol. I ever find a pair I feel are decently bright and white I'll probably never look back towards hids.

I've been using ddmtuning HIDs for years and only once the bulbs blew (one only blew) but that was after few years of using them and I'm still using them till today with zero issues.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Same here.

DDM and VVME have always lit the way for me

Happy New Year TGC!

Well, it's been two months since I touched the car because of lack of free time - I practically live at my workplace right now. As things starting to slow down at work, and even the weather got warm for today, I was thinking this might just be the time to start finishing up the engine. Than on the way home, I get a CEL, and the car starts to slow down... Oh snap, here we go again. Pulled the code on the spot, P0734.

So there's my weekend program: I'll be checking/swapping around the easy parts first: speed sensors, solenoids etc., than if it's still a no go, I guess it's time for the 5sp to go in.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast