The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Major electrical problem...., help please

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Icon8 Major electrical problem...., help please

a few weeks ago my aftermarket radio went out. no biggie thought maybe it was the fuse considering the radio is the top of the line Pioneer but I pulled it out and the fuse is fine. continued to check all the other fuses in both boxes and they are all fine. then I noticed that my dome lights now also are no longer working along with my trunk light. then at the same time now that my trip meters are now no longer holding memory and reset every time I turn the car on AND my door alarm is not working either. PLUS now the car is idling funny and now when I put it in park it just shuts off. Also..., I always keep my head lights on as more or less a safety feature because with my 99 when I turn the car off as long as my headlights were on prier to me turning the car off.., my headlights would turn off as soon as I open the door, Now they turn off as soon as I turn off the ignition. the first thing that I thought was that it was the ECU so I went to the junk yard and pulled one out of another Galant BUT as for being in a hurry I forgot to make sure that the ECU came out of another 99 because of the key chip...., but even with this said (I would just crank but not turn over) everything else should of started working again..., at least I would think but nothing changed! So does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on with my car? I just need it to hold up till the first of the year but this car is a beast...207000+ miles on it and doesn't leak ANYTHING! Any ideas?????????

1. Bought Junkyard ECU and has Top of the line Pioneer? Doubtful.

2. Shot ECU? Not related to anything you mentioned your car is doing.

3. Problem persists? Blown fuse. Check, double-check, hit your head against the wall... and when you get back up, re-check the underhood fusebox in a yellow compartment (side nearest to battery), pull up on the little yellow box so it releases the fuses then replace the one that's burned/blown.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I checked all the fuses from jump..., all fuses are good. one of my boys said it could be a blown module or relay but what module or relay would be common to all the problems that I have listed????

found the blown fuse..., thank you. I must of been drinking when I check the first time. Blonde moment on my part!

So that fixed all your problems?

^^^Very common little headache. Single fuse controls the radio, door locks, and interior lighting (non-dimmers)

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk