The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Garage Is Back!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

The Garage Is Back!

Back by popular demand, and after much ado, the Garage has finally returned to TGC!

The garage (needless to say) allows users to create pages for their cars, upload pictures/timeslips, and rate each others' rides. It can be accessed from the main navbar:

A user's vehicles can also be viewed directly from their profile under the "My Vehicles" tab:

... or from the link in their postbit:

A few things to note about the garage:
    • Max picture size is 1024x768, or 1 MB, whichever is smaller. If you are getting server errors while uploading your pics, please try resizing them smaller
    • Newbies cannot create vehicles or upload pictures. You must have 50 posts and have been a member at least 30 days to use the garage (anti-spam measure)
    • Only Mitsubishi and related platforms allowed! This means only Galants, Legnums, Eclipses, Stratuses, etc
    • Regular members are allowed 1 vehicle with 2 pictures and 1 timeslip
    • Contributing members (patrons, mods, admins) are allowed 5 vehicles with 5 pictures and 2 timeslips each!
    • Unfortunately the garage vehicles from the last site could not be preserved, so OG members will have to create a new entry on the new vB4 site

Go nuts! And as always, let us know if you have any problems with it!
    Last edited by Voodoo; 10-06-2014 at 01:43 PM

Awesome!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

I tried to dig around to find it but I couldn't locate it. Are we going to be able to list the modifications as well as post like a dyno sheet or something? Or is it going to be different then the past Garage section?
    Thanks!

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    I tried to dig around to find it but I couldn't locate it. Are we going to be able to list the modifications as well as post like a dyno sheet or something? Or is it going to be different then the past Garage section?
    Thanks!
    Unfortunately I don't know if we will be able to add that ability. The mod is called "VB Pro Garage" (previously "CND Garage") and the modifications option was only available in the professional version, which is no longer available for download. I was lucky enough to find the free version buried in some threads on vbulletin.org. If this is a feature that you guys want, then I will keep digging and see if I can find it somewhere else.

It's cool man, if want to look for it you can, if not don't lol. Not to picky

07Galant_GTS
    The whole 50 comments is just killing it in my opinion; Not everyone is as active online.

Isn't it 50 comments it or a month? Or do you have to have 50? I don't remember... so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 07Galant_GTS View Post
    The whole 50 comments is just killing it in my opinion; Not everyone is as active online.
    The 50 posts rule was put in place for the same reason we have it to keep people out of the marketplace. We like to get a feel for who people are before we allow them access to certain features. The marketplace is obviously so that people can't simply join, scam someone, then disappear. With the garage, my concern is that a spam robot might slip through the cracks and begin repeatedly uploading large images, slowing the site down or perhaps disabling it completely. If you have an suggestions on a different way to combat that, then I am all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Isn't it 50 comments it or a month? Or do you have to have 50? I don't remember... so long ago.
    Nope, just 50 total.

Gotcha... its been along time since I had to worry about that. Lol. And honestly, as long as your an active member and participate in the forum, 50 posts isn't asking a lot.

I'm curious as to how club3g takes care of it. You can make an account and post everywhere immediately but they haven't had any troll problems in a long times. I know they have a far larger moderation staff but I'm sure you could find individuals dedicated enough to make the job plausible if that meant a jump in user activity, which I think it would. It's hard to post on a forum when you have no idea what's going on.

I know when I registered on club3g they asked me a math questions on a captcha. But other then that i don't get on there that often, as that site confusing me random threads with no info and so forth.

how do you edit your garage? im trying to add pictures and change the description...

Thanks!

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!