The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dash find

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Dash find

My dash had cracked beyond repair. It had the infinity dash speaker in it. I got a replacement from a car that didn't have the infinity system. Thought I was going to have to engineer a way to mount the speaker in it. Turns out it had the mounts already just had to cut the hole.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Experienced TGC Member
    That was AWSOME. I like it when it's that easy! Lol.

This is an older thread, but where did you get a replacement dashboard? Mine is cracked as well but I can't find a replacement at a decent price.

Experienced TGC Member
    Might get lucky and find one at a local j/y. Thats what I did with Thatfreshkids.

Problem for me is it seems like every single galant around is in horrible shape, I'm surprised a couple of them even run.. The junkyard is sparse of 8gs. I found one that was in a rear end collision which seemed promising but I went up to look at it and it was hit from behind into a wall and so the front end was just as bad. I was rather disappointed to say the least.

Experienced TGC Member
    I can keep an eye out for one and ship it to you. Lmk.

It would be so hard to find a good condition dash...the plastic they used just doesn't stand up to weather at all...even if you do find another used one, no telling how long before it starts to crack... might could look into dashcaps or mats

Experienced TGC Member
    You can also have it repaired then custom wrapped to match the rest of the interior.

I've gotten a few yard dash boards that we're ok. They were brittle and I had to be real careful, but I realize I won't find one that's flawless.

Iowa gets so cold I'm afraid that if I were to replace it, it would just crack again, might as well use the money towards other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    This is an older thread, but where did you get a replacement dashboard? Mine is cracked as well but I can't find a replacement at a decent price.
    i just got it from a junkyard. if i run across another one i'll let you know.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.