The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Upgrade 02 8g 2.4l 4g64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33

Upgrade 02 8g 2.4l 4g64

Ok so I got a Mitsubishi galant 2.4l 4g64 with 194k I want to port and polish intake manifold and thottle body. new fuel injector. bigger fuel pump. After market fuel pressure regulator. Wat kind of gain will come from that

I also have obx header and n1 cutback exhaust and obx coils

All of 10whp! My friend, now go do it!

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

With 02 Mitsubishi eclipse overdrive pulley kit and obx radiator hoses

any kind of NA 4g64 build is a lost cause. you will not see any substantial gains unless you throw a turbo (and the complimenting mods) on these engines. the overdrive pulley was a waste as well and the rad hoses do nothing but make your engine bay "look pretty" if thats what youre going for. imho OBX is the cheapest ebay brand of anything you can get. all of these topics have been covered already so a quick search will find most answers whether you agree or not. remember, we've been there and done that. if any of those things you listed bumped the HP or torque enough to notice after the slushbox tranny chewed it up and spit it out then it would be stickied everywhere all over this site.

If you want to port the OEM intake manifold you can't, get the 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander non-mivec intake manifold, that one you can port, it's aluminum. For any performance you need to go turbo.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Ok so can I put a turbo on stock motor if not wat do I need to do

Turbo the stock motor. Unheard of. This is going nowhere fast...

GreddyIvory8gtonameacouple

Research and read the forum... All of the questions your asking have been mentioned tons of time before. You are not going to make a good name for yourself like this... im just saying...
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

forum > turbos, superchargers, & nitrous > very first sticky

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...e-your-4g64-8g

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

its crazy how if this were any other forum im on then this person would be flamed for this. 3 threads started simultaneously and all with dumbass questions that have been answered manyyyyyy times on here. stop and search please noob

Quote Originally Posted by birchette42 View Post
    Ok so I got a Mitsubishi galant 2.4l 4g64 with 194k I want to port and polish intake manifold and thottle body. new fuel injector. bigger fuel pump. After market fuel pressure regulator. Wat kind of gain will come from that
    I'll take a quick crack at breaking this down for you. as I always state, I am pretty new to all this and do not take my word for anything without a grain of salt. do some research prior and see what the real pro's are doing!

starting with the absolutely worthless for a stock engine:
    fuel injectors - wont do anything at all unless you do something to require more fuel...if anything you could actually flood the cylinder (correct me if im wrong guys) by injecting too much fuel because the computer
    thinks it is injecting less than it actually is...look up injector scaling and what not for better/more info
    fuel pump - wont do anything at all unless you do something to require more fuel...all the pump does is push more fuel to the fuel rail, which in turn pushes it into the injectors...
    fuel pressure regulator (FPR) - takes the excess fuel from the oversized pump and calms it down to where you want it...

Fuel system upgrades do absolutely nothing without a need for them...I.E. heavily modded N/A (naturally aspirated) ((no turbo/supercharger/nitrous)) or going boosted

ported intake manifold - helps flow air better. will help a very small amount, maybe noticeable but not really...until other/heavier mods are done
    ported throttle body - will help a very miniscule amount...at best you will notice a little better throttle response but that's about it...

these are the only "performance" upgrades you listed and they are not enough to require any fuel system upgrades at all

ask anyone on here, I have been where you are right now, and still am a noob...I know the website is a little hard to search on because it brings up every time any of the words come up but if you want to be taken seriously then do it...and don't be afraid to show what you are doing without asking questions too! start a thread and show some progress...if the only thing you ever post is questions it seems like you never do anything yourself

synopses - don't waste your money with any of that unless you are going to really do some work to the car later down the road. dig through the hundreds of threads people you ask a question.

so in turn, do all of those things once you make a 9.5:1 compression DOHC ported and polished head and custom intake manifold with an 80mm throttle body that runs on 110 octane and you got yourself a performance 4g64 NA.

Think 9.5 would cut it? Buddy had a civic running like 11:1 or some crazy shit like that and was still only running 14's or something...granted he bent a valve, threw a rod and busted a hole in his block but still :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as all motor four cylinder performance in cars. There is not enough displacement possible in a four cylinder rotating arrangement that would fit in a car to make it stand up to any other form of competitive setup. Sure, some Hondas run 14's, 14 seconds sucks. And here you're talking about like 95whp; a 20 second car. The fact that anyone would think the stock crap in there has any potential on it's own is fucked.

Cut the drivetain loss in half and triple the crank output with a turbo. It has worked for hundreds of others.

Tbh. Don't listen to the negativity just do what you wanna do to your car and you'll see some kinda gain if not a gain in a self pat on the back that you got outside and tried.

As for the intake manifold until you completely take it off you won't notice how completely thin all that metal really is. Best bet is to make friends with a welder and toss back and forth ideas. My throttle body flange neck was swapped out with a 2.5 inch peice of piping and extended about 3/4th of an inch. So yea that is "ported" for what we can do and after swapping the Tb to a 60mm I can tell you all that made a difference.

Fuel supply. We have stock one of the largest injector sizes n/a so I wouldn't really be worried about that. Fpr helps with the acceleration curve so it's actually not all that bad. As for your fuel pump the size you have now is adequate but you'll get better performance with a new oem pump and filter sock than the one that's been sitting in your tank for idk how long.

Exhaust upgrades are a great bolt on. High flow cats, headers, up the size of piping, and high flow muffler is what you wanna do before all those other modifications.

Light weight pullys. You'll never know how great they are at weight reduction until you have one of each in your hands lol. But beware there has been reports of them cutting your pull on the altinator not being able to charge your battery as well as it should.

It's funny how every post is about the same even if you search like they say. It's always filled with "search for it youself noob". You won't have a full on track car staying na auto but it'll give you some fun while you DD instead of your car always on jack stands trying to figure out what went wrong when you boost.

^^^Theres the 10hp I was talking about.

After all that, a honda with a 1.6L single cam will still take you.

You'd ^

Be surprised. I make v6 cars ask me what I have under the hood saying "I didn't expect that car to move like that".

The best thing to do if you want better performance is to take your car back to stage 0. Fix every issue you have and replace worm out parts. Then those bolt ons will surly help you out.

Ask gallant on here about my car and don't listen to the negativity. Everyone has to start somewhere and for you I suggest rebuilding/replacing that motor first.

^Im curious, what did your car dyno at after all these mods and how much does your car weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    There is no such thing as all motor four cylinder performance in cars. There is not enough displacement possible in a four cylinder rotating arrangement that would fit in a car to make it stand up to any other form of competitive setup. Sure, some Hondas run 14's, 14 seconds sucks. And here you're talking about like 95whp; a 20 second car. The fact that anyone would think the stock crap in there has any potential on it's own is fucked.

Cut the drivetain loss in half and triple the crank output with a turbo. It has worked for hundreds of others.
    What. MANY Hondas run 10's/11's in NA form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast