The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New from So Cal!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

New from So Cal!

Hey everyone, now I don't have a Galant yet, but I will be getting one soon if everything pans out. I've been lurking the forums for the past week or so and I've already got a rough list of what kind of mods I want to do to the car. I do have a quick question though: I am definitely going to swap the auto for a 5 speed eventually, but it would definitely take some time to save up for all of the parts and everything. Would it even be worth it to make any performance mods before I do the swap? I do want to upgrade the sound system once I get it, just to make it a little bit more enjoyable to drive in. I've read some forums saying there were minimal gains with things like a TB swap and cold air intake and things like that, so I just want to make sure before I spend money on pointless mods right now lol. Anyway, it's great to join the forum and I can't wait to start working on the car once I buy it!

OK, let me put it this way. Other than forced induction, 5speed is the best mod for our cars. I'm sure someone will chime in and say other wise, but from what I can see the gains for the other stuff are really minimal. Everything adds up eventually though. Just make sure the car is solid to start with and all maintenance is caught up. And then invest in solid parts.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member
    ^what he said

As long as you stay away from ebay stuff, you're good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbGWgvJN1_8

WELCOME!