The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wrong Hub Assembly

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Wrong Hub Assembly

Has any other 7g owner experienced this?
    I went to buy a new rear hub assembly for my 97' ES with rear drums and Autozone, O'Reilly's,
    Advanced Auto Parts, Rockauto.com and eBay all show a 5 lug hub for this car. clearly these cars
    have 4 lugs and the only fitment found from any of those places is a hub assembly for a 95' Galant.
    What's up with that????

Its a mix up of the years, the online catalogs these companies use weren't written well, it seems alot of them aren't clear about when the generations change so it happens alot when I look up parts for the 8G that some 7G things come up. Like control arms. Just use your noodle and buy something for an older 7G that you know works.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

im guessing it is just a stock photo that they use rather than taking a picture of every part. Just give you an idea of what to expect. You can try and order one in and see what it looks like .

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Or simply go to the parts counter and have them physically show you the part. Helps to take your own to compare it too.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    im guessing it is just a stock photo that they use rather than taking a picture of every part. Just give you an idea of what to expect. You can try and order one in and see what it looks like .
    Yeah, I was thinking about that and I understand about the stock photos but, even in the descriptions they list offsets, counts and specs for a 5 lug hub.
    As soon as I get the cash, I think I'll get them. At least the ones that offer free shipping and returns!

BTW, I failed to mention that there were at least three more smaller auto parts stores I went to.
    ALL of them showed me the part from their inventory and it was a 5 lug hub plus, 3 of them had it
    in stock and when I opened the box, guess what?....... 5 lug hubs!!

Oakrdrs187, I'm going to do just what you suggested before, I'm going to figure it out and buy
    what I know works. I just wanted to vent and share my experience with other 7G's hoping that it
    might help them. Lord knows you guys have helped inform me since I bought the Barcelona red Pearl Beauty!

Pssst, 5 lug swap lol.

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread