The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cleaned rims.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Cleaned rims.

So I didnt have my 8G for a few years as my brother drove it when I got my 9G.
    He didnt take too good care of the car so its now my project car.

These were the rims after not being cleaned for 2 or so years,

I tried some aluminum and regular wheel cleaner from advanceauto, and wallyworld
    and it took absolutely nothing off, not even any dirt...

So I bought the hard stuff, the chrome wheel only cleaner.
    Took about 3 hours of scrubbing and spraying but this is the result.

I like the look but I am thinking of plasti dipping them.
    I got some new caps coming too.

The cars paint is completely shot too so I am thinking of plasti-ing the entire car,
    my neighbor can repaint for me for $600 to factory spec without the orange peel,
    but I like the look of the pasti.

What do you guys think?

I now this is a retardedly small update, but I am happy with the progress I am making.

New KYB GR2's and Tein stechs on order. :)

Last edited by 12GaugeMule; 10-06-2014 at 09:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by 12GaugeMule View Post
    I now this is a retardedly small update, but I am happy with the progress I am making.
    Hey as far as I'm concerned anything you're doing to your car is worth an update! You did a sweet job cleanin them up too, they were straight raunchy at first!!!
    As far as the plasti goes...personally I think white wheels are stupid so I would get right on that
    And with the car...I've seen some plasti go well but imo most just look cheap after...if you could get it entirely repainted for $600 (with a good paintjob) I would take that deal in a heartbeat...go with a nice burnt orange or something but that's just my .02

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Hey as far as I'm concerned anything you're doing to your car is worth an update! You did a sweet job cleanin them up too, they were straight raunchy at first!!!
    As far as the plasti goes...personally I think white wheels are stupid so I would get right on that
    And with the car...I've seen some plasti go well but imo most just look cheap after...if you could get it entirely repainted for $600 (with a good paintjob) I would take that deal in a heartbeat...go with a nice burnt orange or something but that's just my .02
    Really werid you say that..... that is exactly what I was thinking... :D

and if you could get a two-tone/gradient/whatever-you-call-it
    almost yellow in the light and almost black in the dark, solid orange in between...omg my favorite color XD

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!