The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HomeMade Galants Build Thread!!!

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 361

Icon10 HomeMade Galants Build Thread!!!

Hey guys Im new here and new to mitsubishi. Name is Angel.

well Alittle background.... never intended to choose/build a galant. Im a mechanic so i always knew they were reliable and easy to work on. so my cousin bought his brand new of the lot on 02(still has). and it began..... we rice it out Fast and furious mods.... then we turbo'ed.... then 5spd. so thts when it caught my eye. notice no one around here (central florida) has one clean and fast. so after a couple yrs and cars. i was on a hunt. I LIKE TO BE DIFFERENT AND STAND OUT. since my cousin gave up on his and tryed to push him to build it and clean it up. try to buy it but been his first car and close to his heart didnt gave it up. so i came across GOBLIN. I gotta tell u is has been the best 1,000 i had ever spend.

Enough bla bla bla.... next day at home

decent exterior.(cheap maaco job)
    nasty ass interior.(has been pressure washed/clean)

Just like every other 4G64 lol
    Last edited by boosting90; 10-18-2014 at 01:17 AM

even how it sit when i got it. it deff needed much ME touch and attitude. so started to look thru alot of u guys thread and ideas. i want this car to be a mean mugging and be tough when been looked at... so i started to gathering parts and coming up with ideas.

First the mugen lip

Wasnt enough....... and i still had time to play

Tinted tails

uuuu grass

HIDs came in

One of my fogs were burn and housing was melted.... decided to get with times and try some new... LEDs

test fit (custom fit to stock bracket, wanted to look stock)

i was working on fogz and turn around and WOW the car look mean with out them decisions..... lol

ALL DONE!!!!!

fogz alone.....

AT work

bigger than my hand!!!!
    Diesel trucks

I had cracked one of wheels on wife mazda. so i ordered new one..... here is the rest lol TEST FIT

They look better in the mazda... eheheheh

Well i got the car in April. till now^^^^^.
    done alot of needed maintenance part since bought. got some parts layin around.

Any positive or negative comment are welcome i dont get butt hurt. everyone is in title to an opinion/taste.

any help i can provided be gladly to.

thanks for looking

stay close more to come.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Always loved that color on the galants. Car looks really good keep up the good work but those wheels look really good on the g

«Carlos»

Car is looking good. I think that lip sets it off nicely. I plan on getting one eventually. Personally, I think there is too much difference in color between your heads and fogs. If your going with yellow fogs then I think a white hid would have looked better in the heads. Just my thought. That's were I'm going with mine.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

I remember when you posted those fogs a while back, still diggin them and as well as those wheels. If you got the money to spare, I'd say go for it unless you have your eyes on something else. They suit the G nicely imo.

As far as the fogs and hid color diff..to be honest imo, any kelvin lower than 6000k makes yellow fogs stand out too much. I also feel like white cars and black cars pull it off best. I currently have yellow fog bulbs w/ clear housings, but have had painted yellow housings too. I've also tried diff hid bulbs all in the range of 4300k to 10,000k. While 4300 had more usable light, I'd sacrifice that for at least 6000k just so the headlights don't look plain in comparison to the fogs.

I know that contradicts more recent posts were I say I wanna try 4300 or 5000k hids again (currently run 6000k), but the thing is I have another set of led fog bulbs laying around that would match if I made that switch.

Just something to think on I guess, I know everyone has diff taste in mods which I respect.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 10-18-2014 at 02:52 PM

Excited to see someone working on a Green G... most people here really don't like the color but I think it has a lot of potential especially if you just give it some personality...and with a Name like Goblin I think you are definitely doing that! My only thing I would say is color match the lip...I absolutely hate off colored lips but that's just me...welcome, looking forward to your build

It's cleaned up nicely. Keep up the good work. When is the Holset being installed?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Always loved that color on the galants. Car looks really good keep up the good work but those wheels look really good on the g
    Thanks not a fan but is growing on me.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Car is looking good. I think that lip sets it off nicely. I plan on getting one eventually. Personally, I think there is too much difference in color between your heads and fogs. If your going with yellow fogs then I think a white hid would have looked better in the heads. Just my thought. That's were I'm going with mine.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    I like the blue (10k) with yellow especially at night but i looking into it maybe it will change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    I remember when you posted those fogs a while back, still diggin them and as well as those wheels. If you got the money to spare, I'd say go for it unless you have your eyes on something else. They suit the G nicely imo.

As far as the fogs and hid color diff..to be honest imo, any kelvin lower than 6000k makes yellow fogs stand out too much. I also feel like white cars and black cars pull it off best. I currently have yellow fog bulbs w/ clear housings, but have had painted yellow housings too. I've also tried diff hid bulbs all in the range of 4300k to 10,000k. While 4300 had more usable light, I'd sacrifice that for at least 6000k just so the headlights don't look plain in comparison to the fogs.

I know that contradicts more recent posts were I say I wanna try 4300 or 5000k hids again (currently run 6000k), but the thing is I have another set of led fog bulbs laying around that would match if I made that switch.

Just something to think on I guess, I know everyone has diff taste in mods which I respect.
    i do. I really want to stay 17s. Looking for some 17x9s i want tht beffy battle look. But who knows if i get different wheels on mazda....those deff will be place on the g.

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Excited to see someone working on a Green G... most people here really don't like the color but I think it has a lot of potential especially if you just give it some personality...and with a Name like Goblin I think you are definitely doing that! My only thing I would say is color match the lip...I absolutely hate off colored lips but that's just me...welcome, looking forward to your build
    goblin=attitude and mean...lol i was on changing color and after lookin....decide to go all black stealth mode.... then i came across ivory8g thread..... facepalmed lmao some onr thought out side box before me. Lol. Good thing he is far away.... like i told perharps tumbler may have along lost twin. I do plastidip thts what i was goin for.... now green lookin better.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    It's cleaned up nicely. Keep up the good work. When is the Holset being installed?
    Thanks i try to lol yea right tht was at work (diesel mechanic).

Thank you guys more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by boosting90 View Post

goblin=attitude and mean...lol i was on changing color and after lookin....decide to go all black stealth mode.... then i came across ivory8g thread..... facepalmed lmao some onr thought out side box before me. Lol. Good thing he is far away.... like i told perharps tumbler may have along lost twin. I do plastidip thts what i was goin for.... now green lookin better.
    It's funny cause tumblr started off green too I believe but black is always nice...I'm going for the murdered out look myself...hope you keep green tho

Put the big diesel turbo on it, go fast like Ricky Bobby lol!

Seriously, car is coming along nicely, though I'd try to get leather seats or Katskins or replace the current ones or something, because the interior is beat to death.

Great progress so far.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

It's funny cause tumblr started off green too I believe but black is always nice...I'm going for the murdered out look myself...hope you keep green tho
    Lol yea it did started green. But will see ideas tumbuling my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post

Seriously, car is coming along nicely, though I'd try to get leather seats or Katskins or replace the current ones or something, because the interior is beat to death.

Great progress so far.

Lol yea it did started green. But will see ideas tumbuling my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post

Lol i know but im goin straight for engine/trans build. The seat are more cleaner since i pulled them out ahd pressure washed them. Thanks for the love

Shooting for engine bay mods

Great progress so far.

well finish and decide on my engine build made a list of parts. will start gathering and building after holidays. since i have anniversary/thanksgiving/sons football/holidays.

will try to do some interior updates for now...

Nice looking ride. Can't wait to start on mine.

Thanks.

Well update.....

Been gathering parts here and there. I hope to be done picking part by summer so i can build on summer. Will post pics and info on parts later on the week as i get them uploaded. Street monster in the making.

Ps. On another note i will be posting my cousin galant build here(the one from story above) lmao. Im doin it. And he is a member(4g64scout) but he dont got no time. Lol so i guess 2 for 1 it is.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast