The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Suspension for a JDM Galant

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Front Suspension for a JDM Galant

Guys, I'm planning to lower my Galant using a set of coilovers only for the front. My first question is whether this is advisable. I'm not planning to track the car and I need some suspension travel. However, I don't fancy cutting the spring since that may not serve the purpose.

Now, the suspension in the JDM Galant is a bit different to that of the USDM one. Here's a pic from the service manual.

How should I go about it? Appreciate your input and thanks in advance. :)

if you want to lower your car properly, coilovers are always the go.. this way you can adjust the height to your preference..

also most of these are also damper adjustable..

if you don't want to with the coilovers, lowered springs are the alternative..

7th Gen Galant shares the same suspension setup as the JDM 8th Gen Galants/Legnums

Quote Originally Posted by naughtika View Post
    if you want to lower your car properly, coilovers are always the go.. this way you can adjust the height to your preference..

also most of these are also damper adjustable..

if you don't want to with the coilovers, lowered springs are the alternative..

7th Gen Galant shares the same suspension setup as the JDM 8th Gen Galants/Legnums

Thanks mate. I've already gotten an Ingalls camber adjustment kit for the rear. But front is still bit iffy since I can't find correct information on how to go about it. Can you point me to an eBay listing or something similar for a front camber kit. I also need some suggestions on toe adjustment as well. Thanks in advance.