The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will a 4cyl IAC work on a 6 cyl?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Will a 4cyl IAC work on a 6 cyl?

I have a 505 idle air malfuntion code and cleaned the iac and throttle body. I am planning on going to the yard but havent seen many v6 8gs. I know I can use sebring and stratus if no g. I also see them on ebay for under $50. Not my daily driver but want it fixed sooner than later. So can I use a 4 cyl iac on my v6? Should I just buy a new one from ebay or will they now work?
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

I believe Silvertune had some for sale...

Edit: I just peeked into his FS thread, got a few actually.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 10-29-2014 at 12:43 AM

I already have a 4cyl throttle body and iac. Just didnt want to make a trip to the yard if I can use the 4cyl one I have
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

I doubt it will work. Why downgrade the TB and choke the motor more.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Ya I wasnt swapping tbs just using the iac since its throwing a 505 code. Just using the iac to get rid of the code to pass emissions

And online many of the ones I saw the same iac for 4 and 6 cyl which is why I was wondering since I had the tb laying around.

No they are different iacs between the different engines. I know this first hand from previously upgrading to the v6 tb and using the i4 iac. The car never idled properly.

U can get a new iac from eBay for under $40

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Thanks I saw those but was hesitant and found one at the yard and it was good for about 400 miles and now code is back on so looks like ill try the 40 dollar ebay one and see if it can keep the code off.

Thanks again for the help and for the record the 4cyl iac did not work properly on the v6 motor