The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ANOTHER mount question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

ANOTHER mount question

ive searched.. ive researched.. i cant find an exact answer..
    ill be doing all 4 mounts soon...i KNOW that i have to drop the cross member for the tranny mount..because the engine has to be lowered alittle to get the mount out... but does the crossmember/bar have to be removed for the other 3 mounts? or just that one?oddly enough the passesnger side and the tranny mount are new.. the front and rear mounts are shot. guess the previous owner half assed the job?

03 galant es-2.4
    Last edited by N4aRush; 10-29-2014 at 07:24 PM

No it doesn't have to be, but the rear mount is a pain anyways, so any movement that you can take, get it! It makes it a lot easier haha its really a simple job

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

it didnt look like it had to come out..but i wasnt sure. thank you very much..appreciate your time

For the transmission mount you have to really lower that engine/tranny assembly.
    The rear mount is a royal PITA so a big fuckin prybar will really help. Removing the cross member does help considerably. If I was doing all 4 I would remove it with the front mount attached, then remove the rear, I would then remoev and replace the tranny mount (floor jack and wood block to help support the trans) afterwards I would do the right mount (wood/jack), I wohkd then do the rear since the engine/tranny will be alot more flexible with just the 2 mounts, then finally I would re-install the crossmemeber with the new front mount.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk