The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cylinder 3 misfire code P0303 and P0170

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

cylinder 3 misfire code P0303 and P0170

Watsup guys i recently started having a cylinder 3 misfire and is throwing codes P0303 and P0170. My car will not start unless i give it throttle and hold and as soon as let off my car dies out. I was wondering if anybody has had the same problem? I already changed my spark plugs. Could it be my coilpacks or plug wires? Or does it sound like a fuel issue?

The 170 code indicates a fuel trim malfunction, along with a misfire from code 303, I'd blame that injector, probably dumping too much fuel in causing the misfire, and then the O2 picks up the rest and triggers the fuel trim code. Start there.

Would my 3rd cylider be the 2nd one to the last by the timing belt? Or the next one to the right?

Starting at the timing belt that is cylinder 1. Count from left to right.

Ok ill get on that thanks

I just got back from the junkyard and i replaced my coilpacks and plug wires i also got myself some extra injectors. I got rid of my misfire code but i still have the P0170 code and my car still wont stay on.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshasfuck8g View Post
    I just got back from the junkyard and i replaced my coilpacks and plug wires i also got myself some extra injectors. I got rid of my misfire code but i still have the P0170 code and my car still wont stay on.
    If at any point you disconnected your battery, you need to clean the throttle body and the maf sensor. There are special solvents to use at parts stores.