The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: customizing my '12 GALANT SE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 100
    so here's a shot of the front so far. like i said, swapped out the headlights to black ones and blacked out the grill. i think a lip would be a nice finishing touch to the front end; too bad nobody makes one. that'll be another DIY project for this car.
    Last edited by WEAPONS-GRADE; 07-08-2016 at 04:38 PM
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

and here's a shot of the vortex generator i mentioned earlier:
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

You can use the eclipse front lip like gotti...that's what I plan on doing too

i plan on using a lancer evolution front lip. obviously, i have to do some custom fitting, but i think it'll be just what the front end of this car needs.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Actually I think that is the front lip gotta used ... Let me know how it goes ...I'm still in phase 1 haha I only have eyelids so far

@shotta12 - i'll post pics, don't you worry.
    Last edited by WEAPONS-GRADE; 12-15-2017 at 07:28 PM
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

so while i'm figuring out how i'm gonna rig this front lip, i painted the rest of the chrome accents on the car black. did the trim below the windows and the emblems. i think i'll leave off the "mitsubishi" emblem that was on the left side, gonna put back just the logo and the "galant" emblems.

also ordered a short ram intake from INJEN. gonna start ordering a lotta parts real soon...
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

so all the chrome accents on the car are now black. the trim on the grill, the trim on the windows, the emblems, the exhaust tip, et cetera. here's what the trim under the windows looks like now:

i'll post a shot of the emblems on the rear end after i black out the bottom portion of the bumper. gimme a few days.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

a while back i said i had replaced all the exterior and interior bulbs with LEDs. i just wanted to mention that on this car you will get hyperflash on the turn signals with these kinds of bulbs. the computer thinks the bulbs are out, since LEDs take much less power to operate than an incandescent bulb. this is an easy fix, however. just buy some load resistors; you need one for each turn signal. they're dirt cheap and really easy to install. i posted an instructional, in case anyone needs help with this issue:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...with-LED-bulbs
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Quote Originally Posted by WEAPONS-GRADE View Post
    a while back i said i had replaced all the exterior and interior bulbs with LEDs. i just wanted to mention that on this car you will get hyperflash on the turn signals with these kinds of bulbs. the computer thinks the bulbs are out, since LEDs take much less power to operate than an incandescent bulb. this is an easy fix, however. just buy some load resistors; you need one for each turn signal. they're dirt cheap and really easy to install. i posted an instructional, in case anyone needs help with this issue:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...with-LED-bulbs
    Nice work... let me know what lip you ended up going with and post some pics when your done... keep it up im trying to get on your level lol

so here's what the emblems and rear bumper look like after blacking them out:

and a close-up of the diffuser-style bumper i came up with:

i think it looks good. by the way, i didn't use flexidip (or whatever it's called) on the bumper, i used truck bed coating, to give it that textured look. looks more OEM that way, i think.

@shotta12 - i'm doing the lip tomorrow, so i'll take some picture when i'm done with it. and dude, everything i've done on my car cost less than $100. in fact, the most expensive thing i bought was the HID conversions. granted, i've done all the work myself, but i'm sure you can make your car look better than mine with very little effort.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

so here's the front lip. i ended up going down the home-made DIY road. the work that had to be put in to fit an actual fiberglass lip was more than i wanted to deal with, so i went with a rubber foam material. it came out looking good, anyway. here's a few angles:

almost done with the car, looks-wise. should be ready to move onto the performance mods in a few weeks. i think she's coming along nicely.
    Last edited by WEAPONS-GRADE; 07-08-2016 at 05:06 PM
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Looks good! I want to get a lip but first i need a guy to do all the work lol! Im thinking about lowering springs and tints at the moment. Can anyone vouch for Megan springs MADE FOR THE GALANT not the Eclipse. Im considering these http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...c8=41&c9=26886

@shotta12 - you sure those were made specifically for the GALANT?
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Im only saying that because thats what theyre telling me lol Megan Racing Orange Performance Lowering Springs Mitsubishi Galant 04-12 ... There is another guy on here saying the springs made specifically for the galant are the better option. Hopefully i dont fuck it up. Also ordered a mesh grill but its only 12'' by 48'' hopefully i dont need another. Are we the only 2 still driving these lmao

@shotta12 - i would call up the company (not the site) and ask. a lotta online sites will have stuff for our cars but the parts were actually manufactured to be used on a different car, namely the ECLIPSE. you gotta remember: our cars are a tad heavier than theirs, so unforeseen issues might arise down the road.

and yeah, i think there's about five people who still drive the 9Gs haha.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Thanks for the advice.. Ill give them a call give me a few weeks and ill post pics once everythings installed

Cars lookin good man! Ive been thinking of doing a similar type lip on my 9G and this may have convinced me
    Can't wait to see more of your progress

i mentioned in an earlier post that i blacked out the exhaust tip. here's what it looks like:

if you wanna black out your exhaust tip, or really any internal parts that get hot, i highly recommend using a heat-resistant paint. otherwise it'll flake off after a few days and look like shit.
    Last edited by WEAPONS-GRADE; 07-08-2016 at 05:08 PM
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Hey can you give me a full rear shot? I like the red colored tails, how did you red them out? spray or film?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast