The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WWYD? New project tranny with a, b,c, d codes...swap tranny or possible repair?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

WWYD? New project tranny with a, b,c, d codes...swap tranny or possible repair?

Ok so I got a good deal on a g with 125k. Tranny drives but doesnt seem to shift at all and has a very hard shift at beginning of driving. Scanned codes and got a b c d tranny malfunction codes. Was going to spend 120 and get tranny flushed but seems like a waste if swapping. I wish I could 5 speed or do it myself. Just wondering what would you do. I dont have time and was looking for a used tranny and pay someone to swap. Also possible to use the engine but besides tranny car isnt bad for 650
    Will take all suggestions and comments. Thank you
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

Irc a 5 speed swap takes about 6 hours but it takes alot of parts to gather I would personally buy a used tranny and hope for the best. But maybe you should wait until smarter people shime in
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Thanks I was thinking normal swap but Im taking it to a tranny shop he said its odd all 4 solenoids are throwing codes so it could be something besides swapping tranny. Ill keep updated...
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

5 speed swap, BEST. IDEA. EVER.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Is it a V6? The V6 trans is known to have a wavespring failing inside, that's what takes out the solenoids = not a simple fix. The ones that I've seen with that failure all stopped moving right there however. BIf you are replacing it all together, you might as well just do a 5sp swap, especially if you are going to have a shop do it. Collect the parts and just do the prepwork (shifter cable, pedals,wiring etc), that goes fast and easy and have a shop tackle the trans if you don't want to mess with it.