The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4l

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4l

Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum hence the category. I currently reside in Jacksonville florida. Okay so I need a few replacement parts due to corrosion and longevity of the car. Due to funds I haven't been able to just jump on with the replacement parts. Last night my car became non-drivable. I was going between 50-60 mph when I felt something falter in my engine bay. An abnormal heaviness came from the front of the car like the engine was struggling. I was going over the Matthews Bridge and the heaviness got worse. My service engine light came on permanently after attempting to drive up the bridge. I had my hazards on just in case. I fortunately made it up and down to my street and pushed it the rest of the way home. My ideas were something spark plug related valve cover gasket, or a coolant issue. Like I said I'm a newbie. If anyone can give me some tips or diagostics. It Would Be Extremely appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangfan_420 View Post
    Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum hence the category. I currently reside in Jacksonville florida. Okay so I need a few replacement parts due to corrosion and longevity of the car. Due to funds I haven't been able to just jump on with the replacement parts. Last night my car became non-drivable. I was going between 50-60 mph when I felt something falter in my engine bay. An abnormal heaviness came from the front of the car like the engine was struggling. I was going over the Matthews Bridge and the heaviness got worse. My service engine light came on permanently after attempting to drive up the bridge. I had my hazards on just in case. I fortunately made it up and down to my street and pushed it the rest of the way home. My ideas were something spark plug related valve cover gasket, or a coolant issue. Like I said I'm a newbie. If anyone can give me some tips or diagostics. It Would Be Extremely appreciated.
    Hi and welcome to TheGalantCenter,
    If i ware you i would take the top timing belt cover of and see it the timing belt is ok. there is no way in pink hell that a valve cover gasket would do this mayby ure not firing on all fours which could be a spark plug issue but i think that the car eather broke the timing belt or it just jumped over so to speak and skipped a few teeth
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Experienced TGC Member
    ^x2 what he said

and welcome

Dude! Jacksonville right here! Welcome! I'm not an 8G guy but hopefully the others ideas can help

Quote Originally Posted by Solviss View Post
    Dude! Jacksonville right here! Welcome! I'm not an 8G guy but hopefully the others ideas can help
    Thanks man! Jax all the way.