The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello from SoCal!

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Icon1 Hello from SoCal!

Hey all! My name is Andrew, 16 years old, and reside in Southern California. I come from the forum Club4AG, as I hope to acquire an AE86 of my own (for those that may not know is a 1983/4-87 Toyota Corolla Sport). Even though I don't have an AE86, I frequent that forum quite a lot, following build logs and doing some research for good ol' knowledge.

But, what I do have is a 2002 Galant ES! A hand-me-down from my grandmother, it comes fresh with the chrome hubcaps and battle scars! I'm not planning on doing anything too crazy on it, just some typical stuffs here and there. Also, since I can barely buy my own gas, my "mods" will be limited to those of low to no cost; planning to pass by my local junkyard next week.

I joined this forum earlier this year around June, seeing that there seems to be a nice, active, and helpful community that revolves around this car. One of the things I wanted to learn was the process that was needed to do a Kouki to Zenki conversion (late-model facelift to early-model front) and I'm already familiar with the golden rule of "search first, ask questions later". Upon searching, I came across user gallant's build thread. I sent him a message about how he did it and he replied with a helpful response; may seem small but I really like stuff like that! Really cool that there is a community I can refer to when a problem comes up with my ride.

Wish List:
    - 2nd gen JDM tailights
    - Zenki USDM front end
    - JDM hubcaps hahaha
    - Megan/KYB susp setup to lower the car an inch or so
    - BBS LM' s or TE37 (or Rotas; I can feel the flame coming on lol)

Problems I need to address:
    - Gas door metal clip-thing
    - New battery mount
    - Horn
    - Replace of motor/tranny mounts; in-cabin vibration
    - Dash and headliner
    Besides the mounts, nothing too major.

Enough with words, on with the pictures!

Welcome to TGC, check your motor mounts, atleast one probably has a busted insert.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

welcome to the forums. you have a clean car to work with. The 8g is a good platform to start and its decently cheap to build out. Socal just doesn't give any love to the 8g, its all about EVO's/6g's down here.

finding clean ae86's are rare and everyone seems to hold on to them dearly. You should check out toyotafest out in long beach in may. Lots of Toyotas/Lexus cars on display and sometimes cars up for sale for cheap. its a good place to get your foot in the door in finding a clean one.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein