The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wrecked 2002 Galant LS, part out or scrap?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Wrecked 2002 Galant LS, part out or scrap?

My friend has a 2002 Galant LS w/ V6, 4-wheel disc brakes, 16in alum wheels, approx. 190K miles on the car, no problems with engine or transmission, all in good mechanical order. The car was rear-ended and totaled, no damage on the rest of the car, that means doors, hood, fenders, front bumper, headlight assemblies, engine, transmission, wheels, etc. are all good. She asked me if I wanted to part it out for her in exchange for having a couple parts myself. I'm trying to determine if its worth the time and effort to part out some of the major components before going to scrap. Does anyone have input on what the 3.0L V6 engine and transmission might be worth? I could always just put it on CL and see what happens, but I don't have a lot of spare time and just looking for opinions if its worth pulling the engine and trans, fenders, hood, etc. Thanks for input!

Parts aren't very hot. Put it up on CL as a whole or parts. They can come pull themselves, if nobody bites then scrap it.

Yea it's true the parts are not going to be worth the time. It might be worth it to someone looking for the same color body panels or something, rear disc swap, or front end (8gb bumper/grille).

People interested in these kind of parts on here likely opt for JDM bumpers/body parts, manual transmissions, or 3.5L/3.8L mitsubishi v6 engines.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

It is ALWAYS worth it if you are willing to put in the wrench time to part out a vehicle. Though you need to be willing to go all the way and strip it all down to the shell.