The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: '02 Fog Light Flares... anyone know where?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    NavBlueGold

'02 Fog Light Flares... anyone know where?

Does anybody know where I can get replacements for the black ventlooking plastic molds that go on the outside of the car next to the fog lights? I took them off for some painting today and had a little "accident" while painting them. It's gonna be kinda shitty driving around with two empty holes around the fogs... :cry: Any help would be great....

Matt

ummm u can try dealer,, they might have it orr, u can post it on Sale Forum see if anyone has,, the only person i can think who will have it is, the people with Body Kit..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Try the junkyard, the dealer is gonna charge way to much just for that piece..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

well i know if u leave the one on the left... and u have a CAI intake u will get more air throgh there cause the intake sits behind there... or just put a some mesh in the hole and be origihnal... glue it to the bumper through the inside...
    Diego

NavBlueGold

Thanks....

Thanks all. Hey the mesh idea is pretty good - i'll look at it... but in case i don't like it, does anyone know the effects of paint thinner on molded plastic? If I dipped the piece in thinner would it take off the paint and screw up the plastic?

GalantLadie
    use nail polish remover make sure it is the kind that has acetone in it, it will take off the paint slower than paint thinner would but is less harsh on the plastic. when i was painting my trim pieces i messed up i used the polish remover on it u just need to make sure u sand everything nice and smooth before u repaint the piece

Titanium2K2
    After I installed my mesh on the grill and the bottom bumper I started fooling around with the fogs. I was contemplating either color matching the vents or putting mesh over it. I first started out wrapping the vents in mesh and leaving the fogs the way it is and eventually covering the vents and the fogs. I liked the idea of the fogs being covered in mesh but it will take some time to bend, cut and mold the mesh to where it's flushed with the bumper. I've tried it but it's not perfect to my stardards but the look is real nice cuz it all comes together with the other mesh that I installed. Once i finish one side i'll post some pics to get some opinions and suggestions.

have u thought about taking it to a body shop to be painted? yea its gonna cost money but it could cost less than it would be to buy new pieces. you just painted it so the body shop can take it off and paint it the way it was supposed to.

as for the paint thinner, be careful with that stuff. my friends and i were painting interiors and yea, we dipped the plastic pieces in the thinner. then sum1 came with food so we ate and totally forgot about the pieces. well at least until we got back. and yea, the piece wasn't the piece we dipped in b4. it was messy. so be careful with that stuff

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

NavBlueGold

Yep...

Appreciate it - when it dried today it doesnt look that bad. I'll get some sandpaper and a little thinner and I should be back in business. The car looks alot smoother than I thought with chromed pieces like that to match the emblems. Thanks all...

Matt

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    i know you already got it done, but for future reference you dont ned to dip the pieces in thinner. i never heard of such a thing. all you do it get an old rag and wipe the paint off. and why dont you just paint back over it? that would be the first thing i would try. but thats just me.

...U N D E A D...