The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New from Boston!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

New from Boston!

Whats up guys,

Long time lurker and I finally joined on. I recently got a 2001 Galant v6 with 135k miles on her. FOR FREE! The car is pretty cherry from what I have seen and I am excited to maybe do some mods to her. I have made the switch from the muscle scene to the import scene. I used to have a 95 5.0 mustang modded to run mid 10's. I have been an enthusiast for cars since I could drive and 10 years later nothing has changed. Ill try not to post any newbz questions but im sure i will mess up occasionally. And yes, I do know and love the search button.

Pics will be coming along with a list of possible changes to the car, but first I am going to have a tune up done on the timing belt, plugs/wires and other things that need attention.

Thanks for having me aboard!

Welcome to TGC!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Welcome aboard TGC!
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome to TGC!

Welcome to TGC!

Quote Originally Posted by BscBandit09 View Post
    And yes, I do know and love the search button.

Pics will be coming along with a list of possible changes to the car, but first I am going to have a tune up done on the timing belt, plugs/wires and other things that need attention.
    Wow, you are like a dream newb, sounds like you know what to do! Congrats on the FREE car!

I love my V6, if you want the Galant a little quicker and a lot more fun, do a 5 speed swap! If you want to accentuate the 5 speed then lower the Galant on some Coilovers and get polyurethane motor mount inserts.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Welcome to TGC! I look forward to seeing what you have planned and maybe a little bit about that 10 second Mustang while you're at it.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Thanks for the welcome!

I will be posting my plans in the 8G forum tonight. I will have pics by tomorrow or Wednesday.

As for the the Mustang she had really low miles for a 95 (58,000 + plus being garaged). At first I did the basics for suspension and bolt ons (sub frame connectors, coils, sways, CAI , bigger TB and upper/lower manifold from a cobra, mac long tubes, bbk off road H pipe to borla mufflers. She sounded mean and had the look of a sleeper. In 2012 I put new wheels on her gave her a new coat of paint and grew some sack and ran her in the mid to low 14's and mid 13's up in New Hampshire. At the time it was and auto with an intercooler which made ALL the difference in the world for an auto stang.

Flashforward to March 2013. I got bored with the auto and being outraced by all of the other cars there, including imports, and one really really dirty G, i think a vr4. I decided to swap in a 383 stroker with a supercharger added a 5spd with 4:10 gears and managed a 10.79(After thousands of dollars btw, gotta pay to play). I nearly shit my pants when it came to stopping haha. Good thing I updated the brakes including lines. Anyways, I sold her back in July this year with 84K on her and bought a 4runner which died, then i was lucky enough to come into this galant. Hopefully I can have some fun with her.

if you still have your old mustang wheels they have the same lug pattern as the galant
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Welcome!! Nice pick up on the free Galant lol

sweet fo Freeee... gotta love it.