The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lowered car inspection

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Lowered car inspection

So My mechanic is refusing to pass my car for inspection because it is lowered, I swapped out the springs because my stock suspension was shot. Does anybody know a mechanic around Philadelphia the north east that would help pass my car? $$

Sucks but my daily driver is my 9G so I can still drive in the meantime.

He did not put it in the system as a fail he just told me that they would not pass it and that I should find a place that will.

Please feel free to PM me if you do not want to put it here.

I would just go anywhere else. Why wont lowering springs pass? If anything its safer with a lower center of gravity.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-01-2015 at 04:00 PM

They gave me some shit about how it makes the car ride terrible, it changes all the dynamics of how the car was designed, a bunch of bs.
    I didnt look up the law yet but he also said that in PA you cannot modify your suspension, it has to be stock.

Don't sweat it. Try posting his shop on Facebook and let your local tuners destroy his reputation and business.

Call your local PD or Highway Patrol/State Trooper. Find out exactly what laws are in place. Most of the time there's a minimum and maximum height law in place, the measurement is based on the center of the headlights.

Move to Florida, no inspection
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

He's helped me out in the past with my cars so I dont wanna really get the guys shop a bad rep,
    It was the guy who works for him who was a dick.

I may end up parting it out if I cant get it passed and sold.

if Penn is anything like NY, you can get your car inspected at any garage/gas station. Just take it to a different spot to get the sticker. It takes an hour

Modifying your car is almost always illegal.

That said....lowering of the car is no reason to fail an inspection. As everyone else said, just take it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by 12GaugeMule View Post
    He's helped me out in the past with my cars so I dont wanna really get the guys shop a bad rep,
    It was the guy who works for him who was a dick.

I may end up parting it out if I cant get it passed and sold.
    The key is this "it was a guy who works for him"

Why not just ask for your mechanic friend, not his dickhead employee?