The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9g Bag Suspension? (air suspension)

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

9g Bag Suspension? (air suspension)

So I was searching and I didnt find anything,
    If there is something on this please link.

I have been looking at air suspensions (Bags)
    http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/200...spension-Kits/

Anything that will fit the 9g?
    I dont know to much about them and I have been reading but I figured I would ask the community.

I am torn between coilovers and a bag system...
    I will have the money for either one but I am not sure which I want to do.

(I am trying to stay between $1000-$1800)
    MY neighbor will be doing the work for extra $

Or should I just go with coilovers?
    Last edited by 12GaugeMule; 01-01-2015 at 05:52 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Bag it!! Just playing. Would be what that plans are for the G. I like the options of ride height. I also like the look of the massive wheel tuck. But thats just one opinion. There will be a litte more issues with air ride. Leaks, stuck valves issue with a compressor. Ive had air ride for a long time and always ran water separators and never had any issues, occasional valve stick due to some moisture, but other than that been really happy. Everything I've owned been bagged. Hope it helps. Again thats just me though.

Ps depends on the set up, you might only be able to use certain offset wheels.
    Last edited by coconut; 01-02-2015 at 11:13 PM

Im thinking of sticking with coilovers, completely changing the setup to bags worries me with inspection in my state.
    Cant have my DD not passing lol.

I wanna toss some coils on, get new headers, a cat back and maybe get an intake or modify the stock air box for lower air box/resonator removal.
    Other than that I dont know what else to do and that should suck up a pretty penny. lol.

Experienced TGC Member
    Sounds like a plan, keep us posted.

if it's your daily I would stick with a static suspension. I have bags on my 8g too and the problems coco talks about, while not often, do really suck to deal with on a DD. thankfully I have other vehicle options but getting parts when something goes wrong (after you figure out whats wrong) can take some time. and if you buy your stuff like me it can get pricey too...coco custom made his stuff :/

bags are fun and they get you attention, the wheel tuck is awesome, and it brings a huge smile to your face so if you are willing to deal with the headaches too then go for it. Just remember, its an AIR system which means even the smallest problems will cause problems, air tight is no expression here, its a reality and a must.

if you have any questions feel free to ask either of us, we both run bags and have different setups. I run digital gauges, he has analog, different types of bags, ways of controlling, etc.

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!