The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOW TO: Foglights on with Parking Lights and High Beams The Quick, Cheap and Easy Way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Nice right up
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Any updates on this mod for 2003? I'm dying to do this to my car but all I've seen involve cutting wires which I want to avoid to keep the car as close to factory as possible.

Thanks!!

I just tried to do this on my 01 and now I have no parking lights. I pulled the jumper wire, no change. I checked all my fuses, and even switched out the relays. Still no parking lights. Any ideas? I followed this to the letter. My fuse box looks exactly like the one pictured too.

Still no 02-03 update.

Recheck the fuses. Also Its possible the pin of the fusebox pin was made too big sticking the wire in along with the pin of the relay so try wiggling the relay while the parking lights are on. If they come on slightly bend the relays pin that wont make contact.

I tried that. I started checking everything with my test light once I got home, and I get no ground at the trigger pin on my parking light relay. Also when I checked the fuses for the parking lights my test light wasn't getting a signal for power, but it did for ground.

I tried jumping the ground from the trigger pin on my low beam relay to the trigger pin on my parking light relay and they come on.

So I got her fixed. It turns out the solid wire i used was to big. when I pushed the relays back in I forced one of the pins inside the relay just enough to break it and cause some short to go through my ground wire. I traced the ground trigger pins and they both go into the front ECU.

Luckily I have a pull and save across the street from my work (I was doing this on my lunch break) and I picked up another one. put it in and everything is back to normal.

I redid the jumper wire for the fog relay with a stranded wire this time, and it works like a champ.

Big thanks to oakrdrs187 for the write up. It ended up being a much bigger headache for me than it should have been, but a super easy mod for sure.
    Last edited by Spartan251; 06-25-2015 at 03:40 PM

Glad it it worked for you. As long as the inages are followed exactly as I did it it'll be fine.

However please post a picture of the wire you originally used so I can add it to the OP as a "Don't use this thickness of wire" so nobody else goes through this headache. Try to take the picture with something next to it for size reference.

Use multi strand wire 18 gauge. Something that's rated for the amps. I'll see if this works with 03s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Will this mod work if you have upgraded your headlight housing to the dual halo projector housings or only on OEM single bulb high/low?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Glad it it worked for you. As long as the inages are followed exactly as I did it it'll be fine.

However please post a picture of the wire you originally used so I can add it to the OP as a "Don't use this thickness of wire" so nobody else goes through this headache. Try to take the picture with something next to it for size reference.
    I used 20 gauge, both stranded and solid. The stranded fit better in the pin slot

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    Will this mod work if you have upgraded your headlight housing to the dual halo projector housings or only on OEM single bulb high/low?
    It did for me
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

18 solid is thick, the one I used is thinner than a paper clip.

As far as amperage is concerned, we're only playing with low amp turn on wires no the actuall current ones.

Awesome! 0.19¢ for a foot of bell wire that I used three inches of, and I'm not gritting my teeth and hitting the fog button every time I start the car. Well done and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by denniscariot View Post
    Awesome! 0.19¢ for a foot of bell wire that I used three inches of, and I'm not gritting my teeth and hitting the fog button every time I start the car. Well done and thanks.
    Well done sir.

just saw this and ended up only having 16 gauge wire. still worked though, and am happy how little time it took. less than 4 mins, from popping the hood to closing it with a smile. thanks for all the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12