The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shop says 8hrs to install springs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    2002-GeeTeeZee
    Quote Originally Posted by evil gtz
    come down to woodbridge VA, and Quality Tire by the potomac mills mall will do the springs for 200.00 labor included and will will be 3hrs at the most. BTW Quality Tire has been in bussiness for over 20 yrs. owned by the same guy for all of that, they know what they are doing and do a good job at it.

now if you want it cheaper i know another place that would do it for maybe 100.00 to 150.00 but i will have to find out tomorrow. that is all i know forthe DC area.
    Well guys/gals, I finally took my springs to this place "Quality Tire" and they are awsome!! Their prices are by the job, not hour, so they quoted me $175 (tax included) and initially 2Hrs. Guess what, I dropped it off, and they called me in about 45 min (expecting problems), but they were done, no joke. I guess these guys realize that the faster they finish, the more jobs they can get, and the more income they get (instead of gouging you with hours). 100+% HAPPY.

yeah - I did mine myself and I'm no mechanic, but I can honestly say, the first time I did 'em it did take me a while, maybe like 2 hrs for the front and 2 hrs for the back, but now that I know how to do it, (and I'm no mechanic) I could probably do the whole job in like 2-3 hrs - so a shop shouldn't charge more than that - by no means.....cuz I don't have a lift, and I"m no professional....

IllestGalant
    are you sure you said springs not tranny and motor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(verywhite01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I had a place do springs and struts and wheel alighment for 175 in 3 hrs I think even less than that.</div>

damn costed me 200 to have my struts installed and then 90 bucks for a 4 wheel alignment
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12