The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Dome Light Problem

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Rear Dome Light Problem

Hello, I've had my 07 Galant Ralliart for about 2 years now. Love it. I've ran into an issue with my rear dome light (behind the sunroof). It does not come on when I open any of the doors or if I manually press the button. I've tried about 4 new bulbs with no luck. I ran a test on the connector in the headliner with a multimeter and got no voltage. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

No power. Blown fuse.

I have thoroughly checked and tested all of the fuses. Any idea of which fuse it may be? Sorry for the newb question.

I have the same problem but putting a new bulb in blows one of my fuses and then the locks, radio, and other stuff are dead

Iod fuse power all the interior dome light, keyless entry, radio, etc etc. First thing I would do is remove that dome light and replace the fuse. If it pops you have a short somewhere. If it doesn't it could be a possible issue with the dome assembly itself. 8g are known for this issue

So I replaced the dome light assembly and still nothing. Is there a specific fuse that powers just the rear dome light? I also checked the ground and it seemed fine. Not sure what else to do at this point. I've kind of learned to live with it, but it is still rather annoying. Any other suggestions at all?

I'm about to give in and take this thing to the dealer and see if they can diagnose the problem. 6 months of fooling with it and still no resolution. I just don't know what else to do. I know it's a small problem, but I would just like to be able to see in my back seat at night lol.

Don't take it to the stealership, i did read somewhere that there was problem with these lights. Metal contacts when pushing light to turn on slides out of postion. There for not turning on. Replace light console.

You said you tested the wire & its showing a dead flow. Take the roof liner out & look for water leak around the sunroof. Have you noticed any power issues in the car? You have the ralliart so you should have the sweet add ons that someone may have wanted. Your gonna have to trace that dome harness, meaning stripping all the tape & inspespecting it. Look for any spliced wire, wire conector not fully seated in conector. Wiggle jiggle them to ensure they are well seated or a short somewhere. I have noticed tapping on roof liner in front of light cuts out. I have discovered someone( i know who did it) hacked into my harness to steal what they needed. Whatever you do, don't take it to the stealership unless you are there watching them. I have diphram of harness if you need

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Also what "gotti" said is a good start point. Start there. The iod is a yellow box inside your fuse panel, slot 22, slot 23, 2 10 amp fuses. If the iod isnt pressed in all the way that could be a cause, your gonna want to remove the iod holder. Clips on the side. Wiggle it out side to side. Its in there good so dont be nervous to give it some muscle. Take a small pin, or flat head & lift up on side to slide over. Work one side, take other hand to hold it so it doesnt seat in, while its half clipped out holding it angled, work the side next to the ecu. Once you get that out pull her out. Remove the 2 fuses for inspection. Make sure fuse wire pins (22,23 are seated fully, not missing any metal clips. Once you verify that, you can reinstall it or ditch the iod like me N just install the fuses. Iod is just a piece installed at factory to cut power to radio, dome, everything else conected to that fuse slot which is alot

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I will definitely be checking everything on my next day off. Thank you for the response!