The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: building 2.4L bottom end for kia head swap

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

building 2.4L bottom end for kia head swap

TGC I was wondering about building my galant bottom end for the kia head swap I plan on doing. Im gonna boost it so thats why I wanna build it up. Question is I found a kit and it says its for the Evo. The kit contains Manley H beam rods that are 156mm long and wiseco 9.5:1 comp forged pistons. Has anyone used these or have any info on using these

So the build kit is for the 4g63? If so it would be different the 4g63 has a larger bore not to mention that the kia head has a higher cc so it will all end up w a lower comp ratio.

Oh ok finally got answer lol. I've been asking this question for awhile now. Any ideas on what to use in the block to keep comp ratio the same. Oh and isnt the galant bore 86.5mm

sorry that answer is not correct. the 4g63 has a smaller bore vs our stock 4g64 so pistons for a stock bore 4g63 wil not fit in a 4g64. also the kia head and evo head have the same combustion chamber size well at least the 2 i had cc'd were the same and the book my machinist used listed all kia/hyundai g4js cylinder heads as the same. best thing to do is have yours checked before you order pistons
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I went back to look at the kit. The pistons are 86.5mm with 156mm rods. Im guessing its for the head swap. Not sure tho

86.5 is stock 4g64 bore. post a link to the kit your talking about. sounds like my long rod setup
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Ok ill try