The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Speed swap ECU question

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

8G Speed swap ECU question

Ok i'done a ton of searching. I've seen on Gooseys tutorial the problems that arise with various ECUs. I've also sent that Isaurio's hex patch that he made to fix the 02-03 code throwing problem. I've PM'ed him and haven't get a reply just yet. I'm pressed for time and need to pass my state inspection.
    My question is based on Gooseys info. Can't I just take out my 03 ECU and put in a 99 ecu so I wont get the check engine light?

Yea I should have grabbed the manual ecu at the time but I was in a rush and thought the car would still be there when I had time....it wasn't.

You cant plug and play the 99 my friend.

So I need a manual ecu essentially huh? No other easily accessible ECUs.

is it a physical check or is it a obdII check? you can pull the check engine light bulb if its a physical check..

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Hate to bump this but im curious if you found your solution to this. Like you said I know there is the patch but I have found a 2000 ecu and am wondering what is required to swap it in if it's not direct plug in. I have at my disposal 00 ecu, immobilizer, ignition, and key. I'm just wondering if I should grab it.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Nopes. The only solution that I can do on my own is getting a manual ecu and making a harness. 00 ecu won't work in our car. If you are in a state that doesn't do OBDII Ccheck I wouldn't worry about it til you have time to get a manual ecu and harness.
    I'm ridin dirty currently.

In riding dirty as well do you know why the 2000 ecu won't work is it a wiring problem or what?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Where are you located anyway? Are you in Houston?

No, im in Killeen. so with the manual ecu and harness I still need the immobilizer and then have the dealer get my key to work?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

I have the tactrix cable and can remove the immobilizer. If you go on evoscan's site there are a bunch of roms with the immobilized already taken care of so there are to key issues...but u still need a cable. As far as why the 2000 ECU isn't compatible I am unsure.
    If you go manual ECU I believe you still need a cable and harness to make the car run and not have the CEL on to pass.

Ok thanks man hope you get everything worked out.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You too man. Gonna make a harness eventually. Gonna scour the junk yards for an ecu.