The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spec-D Tuning LED Projector Halo Headlights

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Spec-D Tuning LED Projector Halo Headlights

So I recently decided to purchase the Spec-D Tuning Halo Projector LED headlights for $160. At first I wasn't sure if I would be happy with these so I continued to look around, but I didn't want to spend a larger amount of money especially since my old ones were fine, just kind of plain and ordinary.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy these lights were to hook up and get installed on my 2002. It took me less than 45 minutes to get the project finished, and then once I started my car up and looked over the new lights I noticed the halos weren't working... After messing around with the wires for a while I realized that they were working, they were just very dim. Apart with the halos being lame during the day, they are fantastic lights!

I have a full video unboxing and review here if you want to see the final product!

Ya the halos suck...if you wanna put some better ones in its not hard...Just requires you to open the heads

I have the same heads with better halos

installed

Where did you get the halos at? And how much were they?

Also, how do you have your fog lights wired up to work when you only have your parking lights on and don't need the low beams on in order for them to work?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...403921&alt=web
    100mm, they come in pairs so just order two sets

And actually my headlights were just disconnected at the time, I was changing hid bulbs to diff color/temp

Aww damn, alright thanks for the link!

I have a white 03 with a silver is grill too, how ya feelin about the dark headlights? They look perfect on darker colored galants but I planned on pulling them apart and color matching the shroud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaB

The dark headlights look great on my pearl white galant. I much prefer the black over the chrome personally, but I also use black as the accent color on my car so it matches the trim I've painted black and my black wheels.

That's right, saw that in the video. My accent color is nickel.

You said you got em off Amazon too. I didn't see any when I looked, I only see them on CarID and eBay. Were they low on stock when you got them?

GaB

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    That's right, saw that in the video. My accent color is nickel.

You said you got em off Amazon too. I didn't see any when I looked, I only see them on CarID and eBay. Were they low on stock when you got them?

I cant find them on Amazon either? I got them for about $160, CarID has them for $175 which isn't too much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Ya the halos suck...if you wanna put some better ones in its not hard...Just requires you to open the heads

I have the same heads with better halos

installed
    I have these same headlights, so would I have to remove the whole assembly to wire the halos you linked? I've been looking for something like those since I got these headlights. Or can I just open the heads while they're on tne car?

Quote Originally Posted by rezyy0 View Post
    I have these same headlights, so would I have to remove the whole assembly to wire the halos you linked? I've been looking for something like those since I got these headlights. Or can I just open the heads while they're on tne car?
    You'd def have to remove them from the car...they are sealed with a really strong glue/rubber that has to be melted with extreme heat...usually by placing an in oven or with a heat gun...it's plenty vids on YouTube showing how the process is done far as opening them

You'd def have to remove them from the car...they are sealed with a really strong glue/rubber that has to be melted with extreme heat...usually by placing an in oven or with a heat gun...it's plenty vids on YouTube showing how the process is done far as opening them
    Hmmm doesn't sound too difficult I think I could manage that. Oh and did you remove the halos that come with the assembly or put the new ones over the old ones?

Hmmm doesn't sound too difficult I think I could manage that. Oh and did you remove the halos that come with the assembly or put the new ones over the old ones?
    Just sat the new ones right on top...

Just sat the new ones right on top...
    Cool thanks for the info!

Cool thanks for the info!
    No prob....here is a vid of how the rings just sit inside on top...he is using ccfl lights tho..but same concept pretty much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDP9G789U1E