The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ask about coilover convertion kit review

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Good idea. I will send an email
    Indonesia Galant Racing Club

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Kw's body length are already shorter than the stock shock/spring length, so at it highest settings you're already lower than a stock setup. That and it's advertised 1.5-2 inch drop will get the 3 inch drop. It might be different on some platforms but I highly doubt it. The 3 cars I've installed them on have been. E92, f10, and isf platform.

White shark, can't help you on that. You have to contact tein.
    Have you seen KW's for an 8g? The KW V2 for the Fit were almost exactly the same length as the OE Showa dampers. And the KW 1.5-2" drop, wouldn't that include the shorter damper? I can't imagine them advertising a certain drop range and actually getting much more. Additionally, KW are generally quite soft, often times with progressive springs...that is quite a bad thing if you want to be very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Have you seen KW's for an 8g? The KW V2 for the Fit were almost exactly the same length as the OE Showa dampers. And the KW 1.5-2" drop, wouldn't that include the shorter damper? I can't imagine them advertising a certain drop range and actually getting much more. Additionally, KW are generally quite soft, often times with progressive springs...that is quite a bad thing if you want to be very low.

No I haven't seen them for the 8g, don't have any need to, 8g is a beater car, no need to spend 2k on coilovers on a car that takes me to work and back home. A lot of the stanced bmw and lexus's run kw, and they can drop it low, I wouldn't recommend it but it's probably a status thing to let everyone know you have 2-3k to blow on coilovers. Side by side between my boys old isf his car was on the ground. Anyways he learned the hard way and destroyed his toms kit. It's was definitely more than 2 inchs, I'll pull a pic someone took when we were at lexus pursuit. Just gotta go home to upload it
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

from the pics below, you can see he is dropped a lot lower than mine, my car at the time was stock height and comparing with his you can see the big difference. we are both on 19's. advertised drop for kwv3 for isf is .2-1.2 inches. comparing gaps between his car and mine show that's definitely more than 1.2 max on kwv3

02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Is your ISF lowered at all? ...and it looks about 2" higher than the other IS.

Any info about gab ss coilover?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Is your ISF lowered at all? ...and it looks about 2" higher than the other IS.
    Yes im lowered on Swift springs, but not in the pics I showed, I just wanted to show a comparison from stock to maxed out drop

I've had GC coilovers on 2 of my 8G's and can't complain. They weren't too stiff or too loose.

Finally i bought tein basic wagon coilover

My bad for bringing this 2yr old thread back up. But i got a qustion i got koni yellows with eibach sportline, the ride is great but what i dont like is how much lower is in the back. Can i pair up these yellows with ground control or any other spring that would give me a front rake look. Thanks in advance

Don't get the sleeves, they're a death trap. Baller up and get a real set of coilovers. Also you can get the stance you want with coilovers.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12