The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HVAC Vent Control issues

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

HVAC Vent Control issues

Ok guys/gals, I've run into a problem. To start, I did search through a few pages of results and couldn't find any topic that went further into my issue. If I missed it, my mistake.

Here's the deal:
    Ever since I bought the car, the control to switch vents has only worked for Face and Windshield Defrost. Content at the time, I just left it.

Well, I finally got around to wanting to fix it and get some heat for my feet. I found that the cable from the knob to the gears was kinked/frayed and came apart when I took it out. Got a straight one from the JY and started to install that, just to find out that its the gears that are seized. I can't even move them by hand. I assume it's what caused the previous cable to bend. Someone probably kept forcing the knob and it kinked the cable.

Problem now is with a "new" straight wire, the vent are only on the face. So now I don't have a defroster anymore.

Either way, does anyone know how to fix these gears? They still has some grease and I sprayed white lithium grease on them for good measures, but no luck. I can't find any part numbers either.

Would I have to take the entire box out?
    Has anyone faced this issue?

Any help is appreciated. Im not sure when I will be able to dig around with this problem again, as its only in the 20's in Illinois, but I want to make sure this gets resolved as soon as it warms up.

play with the lever, trying to move it back and forth and maybe it would budge. If not you might have take the box out.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread