The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: current projects

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Icon5 current projects

Thought I would start a new thread to try and jumpstart the midwest pages. Anybody here got any current projects going on? I recently finished my jdm front end and am now focused on the skirts and tooshi. I actually just bought some replica S-VR4 extensions for the front and rear. (fitment seems good) but now I need a jdm rear so Im ordering one this friday. I have also been contemplating a wing too. Might get a vr4 wing also.... So whats EVERYONE ELSE DOING? : )

P.S. who thinks we should make a midwestG FB page? I think FB would attract more people that may not be on here yet. Let me know.

Blue car should be running in a little bit. Got a new full size radiator for it, installed an oil cooler with -10AN lines, welded up a new wastegate dump, new oil temperature gauge, oil pressure sender relocation, I ditched the wire tuck and went up and over the intake manifold with the injector loom (easier to work on the harness and the engine itself when I dont have to untuck the loom to get the intake manifold off, and lets be honest i may be doing that a few times in this engines lifetime), need to get these new wheels some new tires sometime soon, get another catch can, a vented dipstick, and fittings welded onto the valve cover.

The silver car at the moment is stock on my Lancers snow tires. tall ass fuck 205/60/16 but you all know I dont keep these cars stock for too long.

As far as the Lancer, I need to get my system out of it and put a stock deck back in it and sell it so I can get an EVO.

Safe to say, I have a lot of shit to do. Not to mention, I am helping a buddy build his Corolla which is sitting in my extra bay in my garage at the moment.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I'm just farting around, getting the car setup to be a built V6 turbo car.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Jigz keep it up! I know sometimes that list seems like a mile long but just keeping checking things off and it'll happen. M-rod your car makes me wanna stop fartin around and get some power under the hood. It always seems like a long winter when im driving my slow auto lol. Anybody going to the Chicago Auto Show coming up? I just got myticket off of Groupon so I'll probably be there for valentines day!

It's amazing what a 3.8 and a Manual swap will do. I think it really does a good job making a fun daily out of these cars. Although, I have always had other cars for daily drivers well before doing the swap to my Galant, I've been tempted to do the swap to the Eclipse just for the hell of it. Going back to the 3.0 A/T when Monday rolls around after a good weekend during the Summer is a bit painful to do, and I know doing the complete swap would be even easier the second time around.

As far as the Auto Show, I'll have to pass. My daughter's birthday party is the week before that, and February will be a very busy month if I want to get the car on the road by April.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

A 3.8 is my dream swap. Maybe some day. For now im just going to get my evo ecu running and play around with the exterior lol

Do I count as midwest?
    Seems like things are never going to be done with this car. I'm looking at doing something different with headlights, different interior, different wheels, and possibly different color really. IDK I like the color, but I just want something that will pop out maybe apex silver. who knows. In march is when most of the stuff will start because car is entered in a show in Feb so I can't start anything.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Sure where are you from? Lol and i vote projector retrofit if you havnt done that yet. New steering wheel or seats maybe? And IMO our sterling silver is a WAY better color than AS any day! P.S. which year ecu/rom you run? Thanks

Rapid City SD. Im leaning towards that as well. I have a EVO 9 steering wheel already. Seats are in work lol. ECU is an evo 8 and rom, I have no idea off the top of my head, tephra modded if that helps on SD

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Ok i just saw the steering wheel in your build thread. Looks great. Let me know how the seats go. Ive been wanting to swap my evos passenger seat into the G but im not sure where to even start for making my own brackets lol

I have just a little project going on, trying to fix one of my cigarette lighters. Hardest part is getting the time to do it lol

Yeah its always fun pulling the plastics apart trying not to break shit lol

I pulled the trim from around the gear shifter off and only broke one of the clips! That was pretty exciting. I also found a strange semi solidified and semi permeable substance built up around the edges, as well as more evidence that the owner before me spilled coke everywhere..