The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New member from North Carolina!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

New member from North Carolina!

Hi, guys. The name's Rachel and as the title states, I'm a North Carolinian. I'm the proud owner of a 2009 Mitsubishi Galant that's pictured in my signature- yes, those are fuzzy die on the rearview- and happened upon your forum searching for a solution to my aux input problem.

No, I don't own an iPod. Gosh.

From browsing the forums, I'm already impressed by your enthusiasm and your impressive rides. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Welcome! If you can hold the "CD" button on your radio for a few seconds and it goes into "aux" mode, I have a solution for you that I use in my Endeavor.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome!

I tried that this morning with no success; it just went into "CD EJ." I got an adapter cable that was supposed to hook up to the male end iPod aux cable in my glove box, which I suspect might be part of the problem; I've had an acquaintance hook their iPod up and play after mashing buttons but I don't remember what they hit before it started working. I would buy an iPod but even the local pawn shops overcharge for anything Apple.

...it's just that I drive 35 minutes to and from work and I just want to listen to my mixtapes and podcasts instead of NPR, you know? lol

Do you have steering wheel controls on the back of the steering wheel? If so, the source switching button should let you toggle through sources until you reach AUX.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Did you check the owner's manual?

Welcome!

Welcome to TGC. I'm not too familiar with the 9g galant, but if you could post a video of the problem you are having; it would be easier to diagnose!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Welcome 2 TGC
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

M-Rod, I do have the controls on the back of my steering wheel.

Blue8g, I've been searching for the owner's manual because my vehicle didn't come with one.

keith6110, will do as soon as my phone is charged.