The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

New

I just got my 2000 Galant ES 4 cyl. a few days ago . Everything Is stock. 80,000 miles.
    I wanted to know what are the best things to use for the car and any places to buy cheap parts . ( spoilers , lowering springs , etc...) I'm In college so I dont have too much to spend.

eBay or Junkyards for cheap. If you don't want to fork out the money for coilovers just get springs and struts

Are you looking for mainly cosmetic or performance mods?

Mostly Cosmetic as of right now

And thanks bro

I'd recommend getting aftermarket headlights and fog lights. They are pretty cheap, easy to do, and I find them to be real head turners. Do you want a factory spoiler or more of a race looking one? If you haven't already, check out carid.com, it has a pretty good selection of after market and factory parts.
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 01-28-2015 at 10:32 AM

I want something in the looks of like an evo 8 spoiler or in that general ball park. Is carid a trusty site?

Quote Originally Posted by galveeezy View Post
    I want something in the looks of like an evo 8 spoiler or in that general ball park. Is carid a trusty site?
    I use it to find the parts, then look on amazon or other sites to actually buy the product. Pretty much I use carid as a search engine for parts lol

I used CarID. Not for this platform, some prices we're better than ebay and amazon for the same parts. Fast ship too.

So You Haven't Had Any problems with them ? I jus don't want to get ripped of lol

I don't think you would, it's a pretty widely used site.

So You Haven't Had Any problems with them ? I jus don't want to get ripped of lol
    Not gonna get ripped off. All my stuff came in packaged well and quickly.

Ebay for aftermarket...rock auto for stock replacement, and even members on here in the for sale section for both. Always look at feedback and reviews (amazon too even if you dont buy it on there)..cause depending on the seller or product it's worth it to spend a lil more sometimes.

Also if it's a site that has the option for discount codes during check out, google the site plus "discount code" and switch the the time frame in search options to "this month". That way current valid codes will show. Rock auto usually always has one you can use. Normally 5% off.

An evo 8 spoiler would be sweet! I've been trying to find a rear window visor, so far no luck.

Welcome to TGC.

I wanted to know what are the best things to use for the car and any places to buy cheap parts . ( spoilers , lowering springs , etc...) I'm In college so I dont have too much to spend.
    Cheap parts and no money, sounds like you want to rice it out.

If you don't have money then don't mod it, gotta pay to play

What money you do have, you should use it to do some car maintenance, timing belt should be done every 60k miles (if it snaps, lots of damage), oil/filter change, and coolant drain/refill.
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 01-29-2015 at 09:34 AM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

^^^What that guy said.

Yeah that would be best, also I wouldn't do any hard driving atleast until you know timing belt, oil, and transmission fluid are good. My trans went out not too long after getting mins and I hadn't even drove the hard car once. Got it rebuilt and its been smooth sailing. Luckily some of the cost got covered with warranty.

I spent almost $700 on my car when I first got it. I had a mechanic check it out and went ahead and changed the timing belt, all new fluids, filters, and a couple other things just so I knew it wouldn't blow up on me.