The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: performance exhuast 9th gen

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

performance exhuast 9th gen

hey guys, I really need help and I am hoping you guys have it. ive been looking everywhere and cant find the size of the inlet pipe to the stock muffler on the 9th gen galant. I believe that it is 2.25 inches or 2.5 inches, I would love some feedback. thank you!

Bro, 3 posts is a little excessive and won't hold up well trying to get an answer. Be patient and someone will get to you. Everyone on here has a life and things to do, they leisurely come on here to see what's new or where they can help.

I would also be interested in an exhaust for the 4 cylinder 9g.
    I just got a short ram and the rre headers.

i ended up going with the magnaflow 14851 race series muffler, sounds absolutely amazing. i love it. 100% worth the money i paid. with the intake and the headers i think that will be amazing. I'm still stock and the sound is toned and has a nice sound to it. hoping to do a resonator and secondary cat delete in the future. what short ram did you go with?

crawl under your car and use a tapemeasure...or any measuring device...just don't report that your exhaust is 1/2 a dick diameter, that doesn't help a whole lot

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewscheffler View Post
    i ended up going with the magnaflow 14851 race series muffler, sounds absolutely amazing. i love it. 100% worth the money i paid. with the intake and the headers i think that will be amazing. I'm still stock and the sound is toned and has a nice sound to it. hoping to do a resonator and secondary cat delete in the future. what short ram did you go with?
    I went with the Weapon R - Secret Weapon short ram intake,
    I was told that DC Sports makes a cold air intake if you wish to go that route.

The weapon R is nice and has a really nice sound to it but it was a total pain in the ass to install.
    It seems like it wasnt made for our galant but the website states it is.
    The hose connections were not secure and it seems it is not supposed to sit at the atle I have it installed at.

If had to do it all again, I would go with the DC Sports cold air.

Just grab a cheap $50 eBay intake. They make absolutely no difference from stock other than sound and you can get eBay ones that actually mount correctly. The only thing that makes a difference is the couplers and on N/A they don't matter, as long as they fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!