The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: XXR/Fitment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    That's actually where I started. That and that other thread where I forget who explains in great detail wheel sizing and gives examples. It's a sticky somewhere I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaB

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    hey i plan on getting xxr 522 for the vr4 this summer when i get some doe but mind you most of the reason is because you can pritty much double the prize when i get em

im sorry but i just dont care if they arent up to race quality because legally there isnt a place here that i can go above 90kmh
    Not sure what you mean about doubling the price? Cuz they're bein shipped overseas?

Regardless, check out the 551. Same wheel, updated name and the new center cap. Heads up though, the concavity that you see in all the pics that makes it look so compelling is pretty much non existent unless you get 9s or higher.

GaB

For anyone still curious about quality, XXR uses a slow, light-pressure cast.

And both XXR and NLMs customer service are well versed and helpful, NLM even has recommended fitments on a car to car basis if you ask.

PS any new NLM custom colors (bronze for me) that are on pre order aren't expected to ship until April.

GaB

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    Not sure what you mean about doubling the price? Cuz they're bein shipped overseas?

Regardless, check out the 551. Same wheel, updated name and the new center cap. Heads up though, the concavity that you see in all the pics that makes it look so compelling is pretty much non existent unless you get 9s or higher.

not so much shipping its import tax that gets me tires and wheels are the worst to import regarding tax over here
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

That's actually where I started. That and that other thread where I forget who explains in great detail wheel sizing and gives examples. It's a sticky somewhere I think.

I made that thread. The information held within is quite adequate for your use, and I've done plenty of fitments to test my theories.

For anyone still curious about quality, XXR uses a slow, light-pressure cast.

And both XXR and NLMs customer service are well versed and helpful, NLM even has recommended fitments on a car to car basis if you ask.

PS any new NLM custom colors (bronze for me) that are on pre order aren't expected to ship until April.

Just because they produce their wheels like that doesn't automatically mean quality. The wheels you posted are definitely a replica of a ADVAN wheel. And whilst I won't spend your money, you should look at these following websites where you can pick up lightly used top quality wheels:

www.VRWHEELS.com
    www.clublexus.com
    www.stanceworks.com (I bought my wheels here.)

These wheels suck.

All XXR suck.

Not even because knock-offs (which most of these aren't or if they are...they're knockoffs of stuff that sucks and that I've never heard of)

As for the sizing, have fun making them look decent. The sizing is aggressive enough where you'll likely have substantial amounts of poke at stock camber, if you add a good bit of negative camber and the car is not low enough.....it'll still look dorky; and with how few Galants I've seen that were low enough to pull off a 'flush' look, I can't imagine you'll be the first if you're cheaping out in order to attain some ugly wheels.

On the topic of the 550 & 553, they're just ugly. Neither will look good at all on an 8g (or any other car for that matter). Finish quality will be poor (as it is on all XXR) and yeah, they suck.

Hope I didn't disappoint y'all.
    Surprised to hear you say that, they are clearly a copy of a ADVAN AVS F15:

^Actually got wheels for Ms. Blue, some cheap Konigs. They're not knockoffs of anything and they're fairly light, they'll do the job of getting her to school/work and back home just fine. I'd rather spend more money on nice tires (BFG Sport Comp 2's in this case) than expensive wheels if I can only have one or the other.

I'd buy used high-end wheels for my own car, but for her I'd rather have something that's never potentially been knocked out of round, faced any stresses/abuse from previous owners who just didn't care/pay attention. I'll let you guys know what I think when I've had a chance to really look them over.
    New wheels can still be substantially out of round. Also a 18x8.75" +36 won't have very much poke at all at stock camber settings.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 02-09-2015 at 05:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    I made that thread. The information held within is quite adequate for your use, and I've done plenty of fitments to test my theories.

Just because they produce their wheels like that doesn't automatically mean quality. The wheels you posted are definitely a replica of a ADVAN wheel. And whilst I won't spend your money, you should look at these following websites where you can pick up lightly used top quality wheels:

www.VRWHEELS.com
    www.clublexus.com
    www.stanceworks.com (I bought my wheels here.)

Surprised to hear you say that, they are clearly a copy of a ADVAN AVS F15:

New wheels can still be substantially out of round. Also a 18x8.75" +36 won't have very much poke at all at stock camber settings.
    I don't enjoy those F15 and have never seen them put to use on a car, so nope, wouldn't recognize them.

8.75 +36 will certainly be flush up front at stock camber settings. My 8j +40 had some poke at stock camber with 225/45/17 tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12