The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Use locked Radio

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Use locked Radio

So before I got my code from mistubishi for my locked radio I found out if your Radio is locked and you hold the eject button than press the power button while still holding the eject button your radio will turn on for about 5 minutes than shut off but you jus need to do the same thing again . Just a temporary fix I guess.

that stock radio is junk. id get an aftermarket stat, just my 2 cents

^^^ That.

You dont have to call, you go online (use your phone even) sumbit the info needed and you get an email with the code almost instantly. Did this on my driveway, took 5 minutes including disassembly to get the radio serial number

I can't even remember what the stock radio looks like. I'm assuming it said infinity across it and looked ancient.

If you go on amazon you can buy a harness converter and a new stereo for less than $80 that would be better. Plus you would never need to worry about this.

$80 is bare minimum though. $20 more will get you Bluetooth and even NFC. You won't regret it after you see a few YouTube videos of the benefits.

I have an addiction to 8G's

Galveeey,
    Thanks for that hint on using eject and power button. Great way to test an OEM radio without having to mess with radio code.

BTW, you can get your radio code on line via email at https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...adio-code-form You'll need the vehicle VIN, Radio serial number and Radio part number (same as model number).
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL