The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tire Pressure

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Tire Pressure

My tires are currently inflated to the recommended pressure as listed inside the door but my driver side front looks under-inflated, not a ton but it is noticeable. Should I leave it at the recommended amount or pump some more air into it?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Lol.. if its set where its suppose to be you are good...

I thought so, just wanted to double check. I think it has to do with the weather, it's freaking cold at night but warms up quite a bit during the day. All that shit contracting and expanding is playing tricks on me lol

Most likely you are just fine, but I would recommend using a secondary tire pressure gauge. One can never be too careful with tire pressure, especially in cold climates.

how wide are your wheels and how wide are your tires? running tires wider than the wheels will make it look like that too!

I have 235's (9.25") on 7.5" wheels...causes it to look like it's "squished" out and low

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    how wide are your wheels and how wide are your tires? running tires wider than the wheels will make it look like that too!

I have 235's (9.25") on 7.5" wheels...causes it to look like it's "squished" out and low
    you know.. I don't have a clue lol I was in a rush to get them in before we got any weather so I just took it to the shop and got some decent all weather tires that fit the factory rims, so I'm assuming the tires are made for that rim.

I want to get some black rims that are a little bit bigger really freaking bad but I have to pay for college... So for now it looks like I will be running with the factory wheels and $30 hubcaps from amazon lol

Another vote on using another tire pressure gauge. I have the Longacre and it works good and seems to be always accurate. It's a bit expensive but a good investment.